Developer option not working - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Developer option not working

Last post 04-05-2018 01:33 AM by Sankar ns. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-26-2018 06:22 AM

Developer option not working

I want to add some code to my form template. I have all the required software .NET, Visual studio with C# but still when I click the code Editor tab I get the error "Missing Programmability Components"

Please see screen shot

Do I need to do some configuration??

Filed under:
  • 03-26-2018 08:13 AM In reply to

Re: Developer option not working

You may need to try to repair Office / InfoPath. You did install the tools for applications as mentioned in the screenshot?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 03-30-2018 03:19 AM In reply to

Thanks for pointing out. I was not having VSTA. Now I have installed VSTA but now the error is little different than before as shown in screen shot

I checked many blogs in one of which I found that it was shown that in control panel->Programs and features Infopath should show the VSTA under .NET but for it does not show even after installing

Please help!!!

• 03-30-2018 07:35 AM In reply to

That screenshot on the left is for options for InfoPath 2010. You need to install Visual Studio Tools for Applications for VS 2012 - have you?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 03-31-2018 07:58 AM In reply to

Yes I have installed VSTA 2012 and then also tried with 2015.. still It is not working...

• 04-02-2018 08:56 AM In reply to

Not sure what else to suggest - here's an MSDN post that has some links that may help you. https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/aa944896.aspx
    Hilary Stoupa

• 04-05-2018 01:33 AM In reply to

Found the issue, I was using Visual Studio Express Edition. After installing the Professional Edition, its working now

I have one more question, I created a form template(*.xsn) which has recursive choice elements.

How can I add event listener for the <insert item>? - For example: The main element(Partition name) has four choices, when user clicks on <Insert Partition> then it should trigger an event listener which will hide the remaining choice items

An example would be great. I have attached the template FYR

Thank you

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Copyright © 2003-2018 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.