Validation based on value in repeating table - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Validation based on value in repeating table

Last post 03-16-2018 08:53 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-15-2018 11:05 AM

• mindea
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-16-2016
    • Posts 9

Validation based on value in repeating table

I have a repeating table that includes a field called Reason, from which the user selects from a drop down list. If the user has selected "Other" as a Reason in any row of the table, I would like to trigger the ValidationRule on the form's Explain field. (The Explain field is not in the repeating table.)
    Filed under:
  • 03-16-2018 08:01 AM In reply to

Re: Validation based on value in repeating table

See attached sample. Save it locally and then right click & select Design, from there you can preview. There's an option when selecting from repeating fields once outside the repeating node - you can choose "any occurrence", "all occurrences" etc. There's a screenshot in the sample form that should help you find that option in your form. :)
    Hilary Stoupa

• 03-16-2018 08:46 AM In reply to

• mindea
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-16-2016
    • Posts 9

Wow. Thanks, Hilary. After I posted the question I continued to work on it for several more hours and finally cobbled together this formula: contains(xdMath:Eval(xdMath:Eval(../my:ProductGroup/my:Item, 'concat(my:Reason, ";")'), ".."), "Other") Your way is much easier. I never noticed that dropdown list of "Any occurrence of..." etc existed! Thanks again!!
  • 03-16-2018 08:53 AM In reply to

I used InfoPath for YEARS before I noticed that dropdown. It really does make building this kind of condition a lot easier. :)
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2018 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.