Newly updated certificate not working - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Newly updated certificate not working

Last post 03-13-2018 12:14 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-12-2018 06:57 PM

Newly updated certificate not working

As happens each year the certificate has expired on a couple of InfoPath templates and as I do each year I go back to the certificate server, generate a new one, install it.
    Then I open InfoPath re-sign the form and re-publish it.
    I go to the document library (SharePoint 2013) and try to open an existing document (XML) and get told the certificate has expired or been revoked.
    So I go to advanced library settings and click edit the form (to ensure I'm dealing with the right one) and I see it is already signed with the new certificate.
    So I go to library settings and select relink documents with this library and then click relink all.

Still can't open the existing templates - I get the same error.
    This is happening in 2 separate form libraries that have been working for a long time.
    Am I missing a step? 

• 03-13-2018 10:06 AM In reply to

Re: Newly updated certificate not working

You may just be struggling with a cached template. Open InfoPath Filler, and under New, find one of the forms that is giving you an issue. Right click and select either get update or remove, then try again.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 03-13-2018 11:48 AM In reply to

Seems that's exactly what it was - thanks very much!

• 03-13-2018 12:14 PM In reply to

Good deal. It is frustrating when that happens because you can't open the template to get it to prompt you for an update! One client I work with who has a full trust form has instructions for how to manually update the form (same instructions I gave you, pretty much, but with screenshots) on the home page of their SharePoint site to help users when they have issues.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2018 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.