Sum and update a quantity value in Sharepoint 2013 list with an add-to-quantity field - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Sum and update a quantity value in Sharepoint 2013 list with an add-to-quantity field

Last post 02-21-2018 08:11 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-12-2018 08:47 AM

• dwnyc
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-08-2018
    • Posts 1

Sum and update a quantity value in Sharepoint 2013 list with an add-to-quantity field

We are trying to track some inventory.

So I have a drop down list of the items (one field) and the current quantity for each (another field).

Those two are pulled from a SharePoint 2013 List.

I then have an AddQuantity filed in myFields.

I'd like to be able to add (and ideally subtract as well) a quantity that would update the quantity in the SharePoinit 2013 List.

So...

SharePoint 2013 List:

Item A    Quantity 10

Item B    Quantity 20

myField:

AddQuantity (to the currently selected Item from a drop down list- e.g. Item A ) 10

Click Submit (or some other function button) and the new total in the SharePoint list for Item A would now be 20

I have the drop down list correctly pulling the quantity and displaying the quantity in the Quantity query field.

Can't get the addition to work and update.

Thanks in advance,

David

• 02-21-2018 08:11 AM In reply to

Re: Sum and update a quantity value in Sharepoint 2013 list with an add-to-quantity field

Hi - sorry I'm so late seeing this. If the goal is to update a list from an InfoPath form, you will need to use code, qRules or CAML. Since it sounds like this is a pretty simple update, I'd probably try the CAML route. There should be a number of posts online about the technique. :)
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2018 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.