Fields in data connection not showing in query fields section - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Fields in data connection not showing in query fields section

Last post 02-14-2018 12:42 AM by Crozzer. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-09-2018 10:06 AM

Fields in data connection not showing in query fields section

Hi, so I am building a timesheet system and I have an InfoPath form (from a sharepoint list - Timesheet entries) that is trying to do a filtered lookup to another sharepoint list, in order to populate a dropdown (available work packages). The list it looks up is very basic and has the fields Workpackage name (Text), assigned to (People look up) and active (Yes/No),

So I built the data connection and ticked these three fields and the last tick box to load the data when the form opens.

Up to now it was working fine and I was merrily filtering the dropdown by comparing the account id of the person who created the entry to the assigned to field contents. This has now gone live however as the users have now populated the available work packages list to such an extent with loads of people per work package it is now falling foul of the data connection size limit of 1500kb. (I cannot change this as Im using 2013 versions on office 365)

Therefore I was thinking to filter the data connection before getting the data by setting the query fields first. However the "Assigned to" field (People look up) is not appearing in the query fields section for me to set.

Any ideas as to why it's not there, I did tick it when setting up the dataconnection from the sharepoint list?

Many thanks 

• 02-13-2018 07:47 AM In reply to

Re: Fields in data connection not showing in query fields section

It isn't in the query fields because it is a complex type, I believe. It is odd - if you select Created By or Modified By (which are also People), you can query. But if you create a connection to a task list (for example) and select Assigned To, you can't! I'd probably just add another column to the list for the account id (or email, whatever you need to query on) for the Assigned To - and then use MS Flow to populate it when the item is created or modified. The Flow would be pretty simple, and should run fast.... I guess that still leaves you with all your existing data, but you could set up the same Flow with a time recurrence and then just run it one time to get all the fields populated.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 02-14-2018 12:42 AM In reply to

Re: Fields in data connection not showing in query fields section

Many thanks Hilary, I'll use your solution

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2018 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.