Issue with Rules/Conditions for Multiple Email Submit Data Connections - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Having trouble finding a blog or post that answers your question? Check out our Custom Search Page

Issue with Rules/Conditions for Multiple Email Submit Data Connections

Last post 12-10-2017 03:35 PM by KTerry. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-06-2017 11:23 AM

Issue with Rules/Conditions for Multiple Email Submit Data Connections

Hi Hilary - I'd like to obtain assistance to solve the following issue with Rules/Conditions for Multiple Email Submit Data Connections Desired Behavior: Behavior 1: The form should trigger an email to a set of users (User 1, User 2, User 3) that have been identified in the To: Email Field associated with the IIS Email Submit 2 Data Connection and cc: anyone added to the Smart Email Field manually if the following Rules, Conditions and Actions are met. Run this Rule when: IIS or IIS – Lite is selected from the GCDO Trial Type Field Behavior 2: The form should trigger an email to a different set of users (User 4, User 5, User 6) that have been identified in the To: Email Field associated with the Email Submit 3 Data Connection and cc: anyone added to the Smart Email Field manually if the following Rules, Conditions and Actions are met. Run this Rule when: CSC Required Field is equal to Yes Behavior 3: The form should trigger an email to a different set of users (User 4, User 5, User 6) that have been identified in the To: Email Field associated with the Email Submit 4 Data Connection and cc: anyone added to the Smart Email Field manually if the following Rules, Conditions and Actions are met. Run this Rule when: a) EMEA or AsiaPac –is selected from the Region Field b) GCDO Trial Type is MAInterventional or MANon-Interventional Behavior 4: The form should trigger an email to a different set of users (User 7, User 8, User 9) that have been identified in the To: Email Field associated with the Email Submit 5 Data Connection and cc: anyone added to the Smart Email Field manually if the following Rules, Conditions and Actions are met. Run this Rule when: a) Region is equal to North America or Latin America c) GCDO Trial Type is equal to MAInterventional d) GCDO Trial Type is equal to MANon-Interventional e) GCDO Trial Type is equal to Collaborative Lite f) GCDO Trial Type is equal to Collaborative Interventional g) GCDO Trial Type is equal to Named Patient Programs NPP h) GCDO Trial Type is equal to Extended Programs / Continuous Access Programs (CAP) Currently only Behavior 1 is working as intended all other rules are not behaving as intended.
    Filed under:
  • 12-06-2017 02:22 PM In reply to

Re: Issue with Rules/Conditions for Multiple Email Submit Data Connections

I think your rules are in the wrong place. You have rules on the GCDO trial type field - I think those should go on the Submit Rules under the data tab in the ribbon.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 12-06-2017 11:42 PM In reply to

Hi Hilary - Thank you for your guidance. I moved the rules to the Forms Submit Rules under the data tab. The IIS still works fine, but when the second rule tries to run I get the following error message: InfoPath cannot submit the form. Some rules were not applied. InfoPath cannot submit the form. An error occurred while the form was being submitted. The form cannot be submitted because some of the email addresses cannot be resolved. If you know the values in the form that specify the email addresses, revise them and try again. The following addresses did not resolve in the Cc line: eval(eval(Person, 'concat(substring-after(pc:AccountId, "|membership|"), "; ")'), "..") I have this string in the IIS Email Submit 2 (Data Connection) cc: line in the and it seems to work fine. I also have this string on the CC: Default Value (Fx). I also just noticed that I have another string - eval(eval(Person, 'concat(pc:AccountId, ";")'), "..") in the e-Mail Field Properties as a Default Value (Fx). Not sure why it works for IIS, but not for other Rules. Need a little help with the resolution. Thanks - Kellie
  • 12-07-2017 12:41 AM In reply to

CC: is now working for both IIS Email Submit 2 and EMEA / ASPAC, but still not working for NA/LA.
  • 12-07-2017 09:47 AM In reply to

Looks like you just entered the formula directly instead of clicking the fx button to enter the formula.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 12-10-2017 01:52 PM In reply to

Yes, you are correct. That is working now, but I have two more problems. 1) The form is not sending the data to my List anymore. What do I do to fix this? 2)The Form is triggering multiple Rules. Should I check the box that says "Don't Run Remaining Rules if the Condition of this rule is met?
  • 12-10-2017 02:54 PM In reply to

I believe all the Rules are working now, but I still need a bit of help to ensure the form data is published to the List. Can you provide any guidance here. Thanks - Kellie
  • 12-10-2017 03:35 PM In reply to

It is now working. I just needed to move the Rule up in the order sequencing to ensure that the form published to the List before the other rules were triggered.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Copyright © 2003-2017 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.