Workflow Not Sending Emails - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Having trouble finding a blog or post that answers your question? Check out our Custom Search Page

Workflow Not Sending Emails

Last post 10-23-2017 05:21 AM by pnjaaga. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-11-2017 01:42 AM

Workflow Not Sending Emails

I have created an infopath and kept the approval workflow in the form. I have also added a sharepoint designer 2010 workflow for emails based on the form status. All is working well except that once the form status is completed (approved/rejected) emails are sent to the final approver instead of the first submitter. I have noticed that SharePoint determines each level of submission of the form as the user who created the current item. How can I get the workflow to send an email to the originator once the form status is completed? Any assistance will be appreciated. Quite frustrating
  • 10-11-2017 07:48 AM In reply to

Re: Workflow Not Sending Emails

So - the issue is with your SharePoint workflow? Can you attach a screenshot showing the step that sends to the wrong person (attach files under the Options tab in a reply)?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 10-12-2017 01:29 AM In reply to

Screenshot attached. Email sent to Current Item: Created By is what is sending to any submitter rather than the original submitter. Each approver submits their approval/rejection but sharepoint does not send the notification email to the original submitter rather to the last submitter. Hope this makes sense
  • 10-12-2017 07:56 AM In reply to

And this workflow is on the form library? So strange - because obviously the created by wouldn't be changing. When you say the approver submits approval / rejection, is that something they do inside the form?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 10-13-2017 04:51 AM In reply to

The approval workflow is happening inside the form through different views. The SPD workflow is for sending emails. The created by should be static and not change and that is why this is a bit frustrating. Is it because of how the form is designed? I followed the steps as outlined by Laura Rodgers in her book and web post. Any assistance in this will be appreciated https://wonderlaura.com/2011/04/22/infopath-keeping-the-approval-process-in-the-form/
  • 10-16-2017 07:48 AM In reply to

Any chance I could see your form? You can attach it under the Options tab in a reply - it is hard for me to find a 1/2 hour to review a video to try to figure out what the issue may be.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 10-18-2017 02:23 AM In reply to

Approval view attached.
  • 10-18-2017 02:24 AM In reply to

New Form View attached
  • 10-18-2017 02:25 AM In reply to

Print View Form
  • 10-18-2017 02:30 AM In reply to

Submit button rules in approval view. The approval happens inside the form through switching to different views on approval and displaying the sections to the appropriate approver. The original submitter who submits the new form does not get the email approval when the form is complete (approved or rejected). Hope this makes sense. Any assistance in this will be appreciated
  • 10-18-2017 07:42 AM In reply to

Ok, so submitting just re-submits the same XML file? The workflow runs on the same library the form submits to? I'd try recreating the workflow and see if you can repro it - because the created by field (if you are using the built in library field in your workflow) is going to be static in a list or library.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 10-23-2017 05:21 AM In reply to

I am using reusable workflow on a team site.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Copyright © 2003-2017 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.