Dropdown Field Cutting Off Choices - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Having trouble finding a blog or post that answers your question? Check out our Custom Search Page

Dropdown Field Cutting Off Choices

Last post 12-07-2017 12:38 PM by Jen B. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-22-2017 01:24 PM

• Jen B
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-16-2012
    • Posts 84

Dropdown Field Cutting Off Choices

I've got a weird one. 

Here's the set up:

We have an InfoPath 2010 Form published to a 2007 SharePoint site.  We do not use form services.  It's been running for 3-4 years now.  This particular issue is occurring on two repeating dropdown fields that pull their choices from a list on the same sharepoint site.

I have a single user who, after making the data connection to populate the dropdown fields, sees only part of each choice. 
    e.g.  The choices for one field are: 
    Community & State
    Employer & Individual
    Medicare & Retirement
    Shared Services. 

But, what she sees is: 
    Community & State
    Employer &
    Medicare &
    Shared Services

I've never seen this happen and cannot find a solution.  I am assuming it is going to be some weird setting or other wacky adjustment in her computer that is causing it.  I thought I'd see if anyone had an idea.

Things I can confirm or have had her try:

• The field is big enough for the entire option
    • She does not have the form minimized on her screen therefore making the field smaller
    • She has cleared her IE cache
    • She has cleared her InfoPath cache
    • She is the only person this is happening to

Thoughts anyone?

JB 

• 08-22-2017 04:13 PM In reply to

Re: Dropdown Field Cutting Off Choices

What is the text size setting in Internet Explorer? That affects filler forms (I know, it is crazy). It needs to be set to medium.... Other than that, have you verified she has all Office & Windows updates installed?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 08-23-2017 06:19 AM In reply to

• Jen B
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-16-2012
    • Posts 84

Thanks for the reply, Hilary!

I checked with the user and she confirmed her IE text is set to medium.  She should have all of the same updates to Office and Windows as the rest of us at work; we don't control them.  Any other thoughts?

Thanks again! 

• 08-23-2017 07:59 AM In reply to

When you compare the form's display on her screen to yours, does all the sizing look the same? What about the Windows DPI setting (mine is jacked up to 125% and I have to double check forms on a "normal" machine before I publish them). Maybe create a test form with a dropdown the same size & same options and see if it repros? I really am not sure if it isn't text size....
    Hilary Stoupa

• 12-07-2017 12:38 PM In reply to

• Jen B
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-16-2012
    • Posts 84

Hi Hilary,

I was side-tracked for a long time and, frankly, this isn't a major issue.  I've had her look at her display settings on her computer and they are set the same as mine.

I'm at a loss.  I can't think of what else on her computer might cause the text to cut off...any other ideas?

Thanks,

Jen 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2018 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.