How to auto check out InfoPath web based form in SharePoint 2013 - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Having trouble finding a blog or post that answers your question? Check out our Custom Search Page

How to auto check out InfoPath web based form in SharePoint 2013

Last post 08-17-2017 08:44 AM by SundayCat. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-09-2017 06:27 PM

How to auto check out InfoPath web based form in SharePoint 2013

Hi I created a InfoPath web based form and published to the SharePoint form library. Now user asked if it can be auto checked out when they open the form to edit, like the other documents in the SharePoint form library. I enabled the check out feature in the library, but it seems not working for InfoPath form. I also tried to add checkoutfile and checkinfile data connections, but still wouldn't auto check out the form when I opened the form, also got web service error message. Any suggestion? I have InfoPath 2010 and SharePoint 2013. Thanks a lot!!
  • 08-11-2017 10:04 AM In reply to

Re: How to auto check out InfoPath web based form in SharePoint 2013

So - to do this without code, you'll need to use the web services. What are the errors you received? It may be a server configuration issue. I'm guessing you are not using Office 365?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 08-17-2017 08:44 AM In reply to

Re: How to auto check out InfoPath web based form in SharePoint 2013

Hi Thank you for your reply. No, we are not using office 365. We have SharePoint 2013 server. I found your blog about how to set up checkout/in data connection, but it didn't work for me, when I open the form, it won't check out automatically.

Plus: I think you're right. After I submit a form and reopen it, I got a web service error message. It says, An error occurred while trying to connect to a web service. Any suggestion about this?

Thanks a lot!! 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2017 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.