Recalculate lot price selection after changes in table - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Having trouble finding a blog or post that answers your question? Check out our Custom Search Page

Recalculate lot price selection after changes in table

Last post 08-24-2017 02:12 PM by FlameKurosei. 33 replies.
Page 2 of 3 (34 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-09-2017 12:54 PM In reply to

Re: Recalculate lot price selection after changes in table

Can you attach your latest form? I don't see that first table in the copy I have... ?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 08-09-2017 01:25 PM In reply to

Hilary Stoupa:
    Can you attach your latest form? I don't see that first table in the copy I have... ?

Oh whoops! Yes I can--here's a shortened copy of what I have so far (attached). (Note I scrapped the calculating values in this version.)

• 08-09-2017 03:44 PM In reply to

You could use a default for this, and just direct the user to enter the same number of rows as in the first view customer table?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 08-09-2017 04:12 PM In reply to

See attached for what I mean - preview and in the second table (RAW view) you'll see the qty is set for as many rows as you enter in the table in view one.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 08-11-2017 10:43 AM In reply to

Hilary Stoupa:
    See attached for what I mean - preview and in the second table (RAW view) you'll see the qty is set for as many rows as you enter in the table in view one.

Oh wow! Yes, this can work--I'll have a little dialogue box to tell the person to click until all the quantities are displayed on the RAW and ROUTING pages.

Thank you so much Hilary for helping me out. (:

~Flame

• 08-11-2017 10:51 AM In reply to

Happy to help & glad that will work for you. :)
    Hilary Stoupa

• 08-15-2017 08:35 AM In reply to

Hello again Hilary,

I'm having trouble implementing the carried over quantities solution you showed me, specifically for the "Routing" view of my form. Due to the operation counter, it appears to show duplicate quantities, separated by "Op. #" (essentially the step counter in this view). I would like it to display each quantity only once for the totals on the bottom right. How exactly should I approach this? I tried using hides for duplicate quantities, but that just hides the values without adding them into the total cost per piece.

I have attached a picture of the error in preview, and the updated form.

Thank for the help in advance.

Routing Quantity Issue

• 08-21-2017 08:35 AM In reply to

I was out last week - still need help with this?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 08-21-2017 10:28 AM In reply to

Hello Hilary!

Yes if you could please. I tried some other methods but it doesn't seem to work.

• 08-21-2017 04:12 PM In reply to

I'm sorry, I need more screenshots or something - I don't understand the issue. Is it that you've added multiple instances of RoutingTableRepeat and then you get the data as displayed above in the grey table?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 08-21-2017 08:16 PM In reply to

It's okay, let me explain the steps towards getting the issue--I don't have the form right in front of me, so here's a scenario that relates to my previous screenshot:

1. On the "Customer Information" page, I type in the desired quantities of 100 and 200.
    2. On the "Routing" page, I fill in, say, three operations (the op # counter goes by 10s).
        • Op. 10: Manufactured Part. I fill out the table until I have a subtotal.
        • Op. 20: Outside Service. I fill out the lot table, click until both quantities (100 and 200) are shown on the "customer qty" field, and then I have a subtotal.
        • Op. 30: Outside Service. Again, I fill out the lot table, click until both quantities (100 and 200) are on the "customer qty" field, and then I have a subtotal.
    3. Now, on the bottom right table that's supposed to total the values based on quantity, it instead separates the quantities based on the operation number. This is the small screenshot I posted earlier (please see the previous post with the screenshot in question for a visual aid):
      • [100=$1.00] (belongs to Op. 10)
      • [100=$5.00] (belongs to Op. 20)
      • [200=$1.00] (belongs to Op. 20)
      • [100=$6.00] (belongs to Op. 30)
      • [200=$5.00] (belongs to Op. 30)
    4. The problem is, I want to just show the respective quantities totaled/summed together. Thus, I would like the bottom right table to show this:
      • [100=$12.00] (which is $1+$5+$6=$12)
      • [200=$6.00] (which is $1+$5=$6)
    5. Lastly, once this is fixed, I would like to "total the totals" on the Raw Material and Routing page, and have that value on the Customer Information page. Thus, on the Customer Information page, it would have something like this:
      • [100=(Total Raw's Price for 100+ Total Routing's Price for 100)]
      • [200=(Total Raw's Price for 200+ Total Routing's Price for 200)]

Does this make sense? Is this possible? I'm not sure how to change it so that it works. Any advice would be helpful.

Thank you again in advance.

• 08-22-2017 04:10 PM In reply to

I think I at least have the table rows hiding correctly for your scenario, and added a calculated value that I think summarizes your "Outside Services" correctly. I don't understand how "Op. 10" above is associated with the Customer Qty of 100? And I'm not really sure how to relate this data. But hopefully this will point you in the right direction.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 08-22-2017 05:52 PM In reply to

Hi Hilary,

Thank you for the help so far--I'll give this a shot tomorrow when I get to the office.

The "100" from Op 10 comes from not having a "customer qty" field for the Manufactured part, I think, so it just defaults to showing the first row/first quantity? It's very odd. I added a table for customer quantities in Manufactured Part too, just in case that was the issue.

• 08-23-2017 11:29 AM In reply to

Hello Hilary,

I just tried what you sent to me, and I've adjusted it so that it calculates the entire page correctly. It works now!

Thank you so much for the help again.

• 08-23-2017 12:13 PM In reply to

Wonderful, glad it is doing what you need it to. :)
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 2 of 3 (34 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Copyright © 2003-2017 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.