Custom table column limit question - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Having trouble finding a blog or post that answers your question? Check out our Custom Search Page

Custom table column limit question

Last post 07-18-2017 08:51 AM by GwenW. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-14-2017 12:47 PM

• GwenW
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-11-2014
    • Posts 76

Custom table column limit question

I've run into something in InfoPath 2010 (web browser form)... When you insert a custom table in the form, you can only have a maximum of 63 columns. Does anyone know if this is a InfoPath (2010) limitation, html table (etc), browser thing, etc.? I've searched online, but can't find anything.

Thanks! Gwen

• 07-18-2017 07:58 AM In reply to

Re: Custom table column limit question

Oh wow - I've never seen that before! I guess I've never needed to create a repeating group with that many fields. I'm guessing that is just an arbitrary high end they selected when they designed the product. And even if you add more fields manually to the repeating group, the repeating table will only contain the first 63 if you drag the group onto the form and select repeating table.... But, you aren't really going to have a repeating table on the form with 63 or more fields, are you? Wouldn't that have to be impossibly wide? With annoyed users having to scroll?

Hilary Stoupa

• 07-18-2017 08:10 AM In reply to

• GwenW
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-11-2014
    • Posts 76

Right, feasibly you wouldn't have that many. I only ran into it because I was running a query on a secondary datasource (SharePoint list) where I needed to bring all my list fields in (in a section hidden to the user), in order to use the CopyTable qrule for something I needed to perform. I was able to get rid of a couple of fields that could do without in order to get it to work... I was just curious about it. :)

Thanks! 

Gwen 

• 07-18-2017 08:29 AM In reply to

So - silly question - but why do you have a hidden section with a table? Do you need to be able to see all the data?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 07-18-2017 08:36 AM In reply to

• GwenW
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-11-2014
    • Posts 76

I have it for my benefit... basically for testing so I can see if everything is moving and changing as it should.  

• 07-18-2017 08:46 AM In reply to

Makes sense - I'd just suggest if you need all the columns in the future, you can add fewer of them onto the form, or maybe use a repeating section (I know, all that scrolling!) instead to work around the limit. Thanks for posting on this - I'd had no idea. :)
    Hilary Stoupa

• 07-18-2017 08:51 AM In reply to

• GwenW
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-11-2014
    • Posts 76

Good idea, thanks! 

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Copyright © 2003-2017 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.