Form attachment from document library - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Form attachment from document library

Last post 09-01-2017 08:24 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-20-2006 04:52 AM

• Sam
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-28-2006
    • California
    • Posts 44

Form attachment from document library

Hi,

I have many forms in my document library. In my new form (XYZ) I have a submit button. I have configured the Email submit options by code. What I would like is: when the submit button is pressed it should give me an option to find any form in the document library (maybe this could be hard coded) and send it as an attachment with the XYZ form.

I used the Open method but i need an xml file only which also opens only after i send the form. I dont understand the export method.

Thanks for any help

Hetal
  • 12-21-2006 01:26 AM In reply to

Re: Form attachment from document library

Hi Hetal,

You'll need to do Full Trust for this. Why not just add a file attachment control and make it required so that users attach before submit? Then, you can be domain trust, which is the best option.

There is no way to programmatically force an attachment. However, you write some code to do that. An alternative is to just popup a dialog on submit telling them they need to attach a file with an explanation of how to do this using the file attachment control.

Good luck!
    Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
  • 12-21-2006 03:31 AM In reply to

• Sam
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-28-2006
    • California
    • Posts 44

Hi Patrick,

I will do some reading on differences between Full trust and Domain trust.
    I tried the file attachment control and set my document library path to default. But still the users cant go through the list (FIND)and choose which project they want to ATTACH.

Example - when I click on any attachment I go to My Documents and FIND and ATTACH any Word doc i want. Something similar is what I am looking for.

I am also thinking of adding a link on the form. Any ideas on that??

Thanks alot
  • 09-01-2017 07:36 AM In reply to

Hello,  I see that you reference making an attachment required, but I can't figure out how to do so. 

May I request the instructions, please? 

Filed under: ,
  • 09-01-2017 08:24 AM In reply to

Are you working with a customized list form? Or with a regular InfoPath form? In a standard IP form, just right click the node in the Fields task pane, and set it to cannot be blank.... I don't know if you can make an attachment required the same way in a list form.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2018 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.