add to a button a rule to change filename - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

add to a button a rule to change filename

Last post 07-20-2018 12:47 PM by Wheels. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-15-2017 02:49 AM

add to a button a rule to change filename

Hi - I want to add a rule to a button labelled FINISH that when pressed changes the filename I have created a new Submit data connection and I am struggling with the rule The name has a static text part + dynamic date part Static text is "LOS Workflow" Dynamic part is the first 7 characters of the Date Modified field In SharePoint Designer I can do this easily: - Set a variable to Current item.date modified - use extract substring from start of string to copy the first 7 char date variable and output to date variable - Set a filename variable to LOS Workflow[date variable] Problem is update current item in SPD cannot update the filename - so I am trying to do this from the form instead But I don't know InfoPath very well and I am under time pressure and I can't work out how to combine a static text field with a date formula like the one above - keep getting errors when I try to verify the formula Any help much appreciated Johangir
  • 07-20-2018 12:47 PM In reply to

Re: add to a button a rule to change filename

Hi Johangir. I hope that I am understanding your challenges correctly. I would use the concat (concatenate) function to piece any and all information together.

concat(double click to insert field, double click to insert field, double click to insert field)

concat("LOS Workflow", " ", substring(DateModified,1,7))

Cheers. WHEELS 

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2018 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.