HELP PLEASE!! Clearing data from Sections when Section on form goes from visible with data filled in, to hidden, then back to visible - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Office365 Alert - Sandbox has been deprecated in SharePoint Online.
Read more here.

Having trouble finding a blog or post that answers your question? Check out our Custom Search Page

HELP PLEASE!! Clearing data from Sections when Section on form goes from visible with data filled in, to hidden, then back to visible

Last post 04-21-2017 08:14 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-21-2017 12:04 AM

HELP PLEASE!! Clearing data from Sections when Section on form goes from visible with data filled in, to hidden, then back to visible

I have a form that allows users to submit requests to a business group.  They select from a drop down list which Category (Request Type) they want to submit.  Sections corresponding with each Category are hidden until the Category is selected.  The form then displays ( previously hidden) sections for additional data required for the submission based on the Category drop down box selection. 

Background:  If user begins the form with one choice from the Category drop down list and completes (or partially completes)  the data from the previously hidden section, and then decides they want to change Categories -- then the corresponding (hidden) section will appear and display the relevant fields for that Category for the user to complete. 

However, the original data fields from the first Category choice remain in the form and will save to the SharePoint list.  I don't want this.  I want only the current selected Category and corresponding data to submit to the SharePoint List.

QUESTION:  How do I clear/reset/reinitialize the data fields from the original hidden -- now hidden again -- section once a new Category is selected and a different section of data has been displayed to the user for completion and submission. 

ABOUT ME:  This is the first InfoPath form I've ever created.  Thank you in advance for crafting your answer to a VERY NOVICE USER.  :o)

• 04-21-2017 08:14 AM In reply to

Re: HELP PLEASE!! Clearing data from Sections when Section on form goes from visible with data filled in, to hidden, then back to visible

Hi! You need to add rules on your category field to clear the other fields. See attached sample (because a sample is always easier to understand than a bunch of text!). Save the linked file locally, then RIGHT CLICK the file and select DESIGN from the menu to open the form in design mode. You can then look at the rules on my category field and preview the form to see how it works. :)
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2017 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.