Rule with Option buttons - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Rule with Option buttons

Last post 02-16-2017 07:32 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-14-2017 08:32 AM

Rule with Option buttons

Hello,

First time poster here.

Thanks, in advance, for you time. This site keep coming back as I learn more about InfoPath.

I'm running InfoPath 2013 and building a form that will reside on Sharepoint 2010 server.

On one form, I have 4 views.

On view "DSP" there are Option buttons with 3 choices that a user can make.

On view "FSP" there is a text field that would be populated from one of the three options from DSP.

Option 1 button has a simple rule that if true, specified text will be entered on FSP.

Options 2 and 3 would first be the same as option 1, but would read a value from a drop-down list and post that text in a field on the FSP.

I'm having problems in being able to read the selected value from the drop-down list and coping it over. The values were manually typed in as opposed to being pulled from a sharepoint list or another field.

Thanks again,

Erik

Filed under: ,
  • 02-15-2017 08:02 AM In reply to

Re: Rule with Option buttons

Hello again,

While this message was in queue for approval, I stumbled across the solution.

The Rule or Function was backwards to what I was expecting to need to do.

In my destination Text box, I set a function to look back at the selection of the Option buttons and to update the Text box if there is a change in the Option buttons.

Erik

• 02-15-2017 05:04 PM In reply to

Hey, Erik - I'm trying to figure out why your posts are going in the moderation queue! Your account is set to not moderated. I've toggled that setting on your account, in case there was something awry. Perhaps reply to this & we'll see if you end up in the queue again?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 02-16-2017 05:23 AM In reply to

Hello,

I'm posting this to see if it'll get moderated.

Erik

• 02-16-2017 07:32 AM In reply to

It did! Okay, I'll take another look at your account later today. Thanks for posting again - I may ask you to try another time after I have investigated further. :)

Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2018 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.