Problem deleting repeating table rows in Infopath form - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Having trouble finding a blog or post that answers your question? Check out our Custom Search Page

Problem deleting repeating table rows in Infopath form

Last post 01-07-2017 05:50 AM by brianrosenfelt. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-06-2017 07:51 AM

Problem deleting repeating table rows in Infopath form

Hello team - my first post!  Grateful you are all here.

We just launched a service management system track work requests that come into a customer service group.  We have a COMMENTS field set up as MULTI-LINE TEXT BOX, with ALLOW APPEND option. 

As the administrator, I need the ability to delete comments from time to time.  I've enabled the option in the INfopath form to allow for INSERT and DELETE in the history section.  But when I go in the form, and delete a comment/row, the next time I open the form the comment is still there.  Not sure if there is something else that needs to happen within the repeating section to save the deletion BEFORE re-submitting the form.

Oh - by the way - this is a form that updates a Sharepoint list.

Happy to provide additional details -- thanks for the help. 

• 01-06-2017 09:00 AM In reply to

Re: Problem deleting repeating table rows in Infopath form

Hi - my guess would be that the allow append option is not going to let you actually delete any history. I think (since versioning has to be turned on to allow for this) that the "history" is actually pulled from prior versions of the list item and that to actually delete a history item, you'd have to somehow delete that version (which may have any number of other changes aside from just the item with allow append setting, right?)
    Hilary Stoupa

• 01-06-2017 09:02 AM In reply to

I had to check this theory. I turned on versioning in a list, set a column to append, and then edited it a few times to get some history in place. Then I deleted one version of my list item - and that removed the history for the column w/ append for that version. So, yeah, I don't think this can be done (at least not easily...)
    Hilary Stoupa

• 01-07-2017 05:50 AM In reply to

Thank you for checking on this and confirming my suspicion!

I was able to go into versions and find the offending records - and could restore the item.  Also enabled the ability for admins to edit the field.

Thanks again! 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2017 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.