SharePoint InfoPath Form Not Showing Data When Form Opens - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

SharePoint InfoPath Form Not Showing Data When Form Opens

Last post 06-05-2018 02:54 PM by dedeod. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-28-2016 11:23 AM

• dedeod
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-13-2016
    • Posts 5

SharePoint InfoPath Form Not Showing Data When Form Opens

I have a user that has submitted an InfoPath form via SharePoint 2013 and when she opens the form up there is no data showing but on the SharePoint Library view page the stored data from the form fields show up under their columns.  She has tried deleting and re-creating the form several times on various computers and gets the same results each time.  I have others filling out the form with no problem.  Does anyone know what is causing this?

• 10-28-2016 03:40 PM In reply to

Re: SharePoint InfoPath Form Not Showing Data When Form Opens

That is so strange! This is a browser form? If she fills it out and someone else opens her filled out form, is there data? If you download the XML file and open it with a text editor, is there data?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 10-28-2016 04:48 PM In reply to

• dedeod
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-13-2016
    • Posts 5

I opened the form and it is all blank but I see the numbers she entered in my IE browser. How do I download the XML file?
  • 10-31-2016 12:05 PM In reply to

• dedeod
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-13-2016
    • Posts 5

I opened the XML file and the fields are showing as zero's and some are NaN but the SP library view does show numbers under the columns for those fields.  For example, the one I'm looking at has NaN in the XML file but shows 2.55 in the view which is what the person wants it to show but she can't get it to show on the InfoPath form when she opens it. 

• 10-31-2016 03:53 PM In reply to

Weird. I mean, generally speaking, if we are talking about promoted properties - those should be displaying the value from the XML file. If you copy that same XML file back into the library (maybe as a new document) do the columns show the values in the XML? It sounds like there is an issue with the template as well if for one user calculations return NaN, but not for other users....
    Hilary Stoupa

• 11-01-2016 06:54 AM In reply to

• dedeod
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-13-2016
    • Posts 5

I copied the XML file back to the library with a new name and the view shows blanks under all the columns.  I also started opening some of the other InfoPath forms in the library and I see the same thing happenings with a lot of them.  Some of them on the same day are fine and others have this same issue.  I have no idea what is going on or how to fix this.

• 05-29-2018 03:13 PM In reply to

• SeanO
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-24-2018
    • Sydney, Australia
    • Posts 3

Hi, I'm new here and hope it's OK to reply to an old thread. I'm having the same problem. We have an InfoPath form created from a SharePoint list. The form fields get populated along the way via a multi-step approval workflow. One of the fields won't display the contents when viewing it in the Infopath viewer, however I can see the contents if I view the properties of the SharePoint field, or alternatively, if I open the form in Infopath Filler. This worked previously, and what caused the problem was when I changed the SharePoint field to 'allow unlimited characters'. This is turn seems to have corrupted the view. I have tried re-publishing the form (including removing the column and re-adding it), also, re-linking the documents, rebooting the server, however nothing has worked. Any help would be most appreciated! Thank you. SeanO
  • 05-29-2018 05:05 PM In reply to

When you say you removed & re-added the column - do you mean in the list itself? Or just in the form? When you say opening the form in InfoPath filler, do you mean previewing the form? I'm a little confused because you mention its a list form. :-)
    Hilary Stoupa

• 05-29-2018 06:25 PM In reply to

• SeanO
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-24-2018
    • Sydney, Australia
    • Posts 3

Hilary Stoupa:
    When you say you removed & re-added the column - do you mean in the list itself? Or just in the form?
    This was via the publishing wizard in InfoPath Designer. First of all, I simply republished the form without making any changes. This didn't do anything so I then used the publishing wizard, removed the column/field, then published the form. After this, I went through the wizard again and added the field (there's screenshots here of what I mean: http://www.mssharepointtips.com/tip.asp?id=1031).
    Hilary Stoupa:
    When you say opening the form in InfoPath filler, do you mean previewing the form? I'm a little confused because you mention its a list form. :-)
    Sorry, I mean InfoPath Designer. When I go to the SharePoint list (2013 btw) All Items view, click on the ellipsis of a particular item, the Edit, it opens the form in InfoPath Designer (if you have it installed obviously). I can see all of the missing information on the form.
  • 06-03-2018 07:35 PM In reply to

• SeanO
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-24-2018
    • Sydney, Australia
    • Posts 3

We finally got this issue fixed if anyone is interested. In InfoPath Designer under Data > Form load > Rules - there was a rule 'set field value' on a particular field which pulls the information from SharePoint on form load. By removing this rule and republishing the form, it works OK. I believe the data is now a 2 way synch between InfoPath and SharePoint, whereby it was previously only taking the information from SharePoint.
  • 06-05-2018 02:54 PM In reply to

• dedeod
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-13-2016
    • Posts 5

This does not resolve my form.  It will go for months with no issues and then just this week it is not printing the same fields again on the report.  :-( 

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Copyright © 2003-2018 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.