How to selectively sum up columns in infopath 2013 - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Having trouble finding a blog or post that answers your question? Check out our Custom Search Page

How to selectively sum up columns in infopath 2013

Last post 04-15-2016 11:03 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-12-2016 08:06 AM

How to selectively sum up columns in infopath 2013

Hi all, I have a form with a repeating section. Within this repeating section: 1. I have a multiple-selection list box getting data from an external data source (get choices from external data sources)-[SelectionItemList] 2. With this list I can select more than one entry at a time (via selection box). 3. For each entry from this list [SelectionItemList], I have 3 columns- [CoLA], [ColB] and [ColC]. Each column has a checkbox and a value. They are all getting data from an external data source based on the [SelectionItemList]. What I try to accomplish is to be able to add up values in any selected column (ColA, B or C). Meaning the total column will show the sum of either ColA and C, if the two columns are selected. If only ColB selected, the Total column would show the same value as in ColB. Q. 1) Do I need to have my total column defined the same way as other columns (A,B and C). Since this Column will get the value from calculation, which choice do I need for the column? 2) How do I check for the column selected. 3) How do I sum only selected column values and displayed in the total columns Thanks
  • 04-15-2016 11:03 AM In reply to

Re: How to selectively sum up columns in infopath 2013

I'm having trouble understanding the structure of your form - can you attach your template under the Options tab in a reply?

Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2017 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.