One form - Submit to main + another library - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

One form - Submit to main + another library

Last post 03-01-2016 08:02 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-06-2016 06:02 AM

One form - Submit to main + another library

Hi guys,

I have 1 form, a section of fields in it needs to be submitted into another doc library. Is this possible with codes? How do we set/save the values into the separate document library when Submit is clicked? Any info is much appreciated :)

neeenz 

"Be humble for you are made of Earth. Be noble for you are made of stars" - Serbian Proverb
    Filed under: ,
  • 01-11-2016 10:40 AM In reply to

Re: One form - Submit to main + another library

Anyone guys? ** Edit ** Can we do this without coding?
    "Be humble for you are made of Earth. Be noble for you are made of stars" - Serbian Proverb
  • 01-11-2016 03:48 PM In reply to

Sure - set your form submit to use rules. Add as many library submit data connections as you need. Add rules to submit to the desired submit data connections.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 01-11-2016 06:07 PM In reply to

Hi Hilary!

Thank you for the reply (as always), I guess I'm stucked at the part where I have multiple submit actions on my buttons but the data where it's supposed to go aren't being set.

My current Setup:

Project Info

- Field1, Field2, Field3

Project Updates

- Field1, Field2

On my submit button, I have 2 Submit actions. 1 for each sections (Project info, Project updates). The Project Info I don't have any problems saving it since it's the document library I started with. I created another Document library in the same site and when the 2nd Submit kicks in, it doesn't save into 2nd Document Library. How would I be able to set the Fields in the 2nd document library when submit is pressed? I have a feeling its simpler and I'm just complicating it :( Thanks again

• 01-12-2016 07:39 AM In reply to

Oh, so the promoted properties are the issue. I think I'd publish the form as a content type and enable for use in both libraries - I'd guess that would get your data to show up....
    Hilary Stoupa

• 01-13-2016 08:35 AM In reply to

Thanks Hilary! Would you be able to elaborate more on how having both libraries as content type? My apologies, it's my first time dealing with Content types and been reading on them lately. Thank you so much!

Filed under: ,
  • 01-13-2016 08:43 AM In reply to

What I've done so far:

- Republished the main form (minus the secondary set of fields that needs to be saved into the 2nd doc library) 

- Created a content group for the secondary set of fields, was confused whether I just switch the existing doc library's setting to Allow management of Content Type)

basically, I have no idea what I'm doing haha I've been trying to figure it out by instinct. When I was republishing the main form, when it gets to the Fields window, I was assigning the main field into a Site Column > Content Group I created). BUT I'm not sure where and how to locate those in the end since they're not the same fields as the 2nd doc library contents.

What have I done?!#!#! :D 

• 01-13-2016 12:41 PM In reply to

Sorry, I guess I didn't understand this whole "secondary set of fields" business. You want to submit the XML to a second library that has different fields promoted than the first library? I would think you would just need to promote all the fields and modify your library views to hide the ones you don't want displayed.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 03-01-2016 05:05 AM In reply to

• SamulO
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-19-2016
    • Posts 2

Hello There Ms. Hilary

I was looking through your posts and it seems like you all are speaking of submitting into another document on sharepoint. I was just curious as to how you would submit into another library located on your computer (without utilizing sharepoint). Is that possible?

Thank you

• 03-01-2016 08:02 AM In reply to

Probably add multiple submit connections to different network locations and then use submit rules with conditions to determine where to submit - unless you can write code? In which case you can use a single submit location and programmatically change the network location prior to submitting the XML.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Copyright © 2003-2018 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.