Infopath 2010 preview error - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Infopath 2010 preview error

Last post 03-30-2018 02:12 PM by Takele. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-13-2013 03:26 PM

Infopath 2010 preview error

Hello everyone,

I created a form that I was able to preview  at one time. Now I can't and I'm not sure why.

When I try to preview my form a InfoPath error comes up saying: InfoPath cannot open a new form. The form template is not valid. Under details it states: InfoPath cannot open the following view: View 1

The following view file is not valid: view1.xsl
    The .xsl file is not valid XSL.
    A reference to variable or parameter 'uniqueItems' cannot be resolved.  The variable or parameter may not be defined, or it may not be in scope.

Filed under:
  • 08-18-2013 05:18 PM In reply to

Re: Infopath 2010 preview error

Sounds like a bug in the InfoPath Designer.

Go to Publish->Export Source Files. Create a new folder and select it.

Now, go to the folder, and open view1.xsl in notepad and search for uniqueItems. You'll have to figure out if that parameter is valid. You may want to just delete the area. Be careful - editing the XSL manually is a sharp knife and people cut themselves. Save your view1.xsl (you'll need to make sure the form isn't also open in the designer) and now right click the manifest and choose design. Test preview . If it works, save this as a new xsn.

Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
  • 08-29-2013 03:53 PM In reply to

sorry for the late reply. it was a InfoPath bug where I didn't have the permissions to view custom coding. thanks for the reply.

• 09-04-2014 12:14 AM In reply to

I am having the exact same issue. Do you mind posting how did you solve this ?
  • 09-04-2014 11:28 AM In reply to

I think I had to copy my forms and start from new...can't remember too well. Sorry, I left that job and started a new where I don't use InfoPath so it's out of my mind now. Good luck!
  • 03-30-2018 02:12 PM In reply to

Did you solve it? :)

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Copyright © 2003-2018 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.