List InfoPath Event Receiver is not working - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Having trouble finding a blog or post that answers your question? Check out our Custom Search Page

List InfoPath Event Receiver is not working

Last post 03-10-2013 08:41 PM by jeeva. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-06-2013 10:21 PM

• jeeva
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-17-2008
    • Bangalore
    • Posts 79

List InfoPath Event Receiver is not working

I have created custom list and converted as Info Path form and published into server as browser enabled form. I have attached the "Item Updating" event receiver , when my "Year" text field is not correct value. My Event Receiver got triggered, while update the List Item and its not showing my own OOTB validation message("please check the year value"), Instead of my custom validation message("Please fill") it shows the OOTB error message("the Form cannot be submitted ....") in the error popup window. I have tried to redirect the error page to custom error page , but still am not able to see my own validation message in the error popup window.
  • 03-09-2013 12:57 PM In reply to

Re: List InfoPath Event Receiver is not working

Hi Jeeva,

Why are you using an Event Receiver? InfoPath supports validation in the form. Just add it to the form in the InfoPath designer. That's a better place anyway, since the user is in the process of adding data, so you catch them as soon as they tab out. You can create a section in the form that hides/shows the warning and prevents them from submitting while they have the validation error.

Good luck!

Patrick Halstead
    InfoPath MVP
  • 03-10-2013 08:41 PM In reply to

• jeeva
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-17-2008
    • Bangalore
    • Posts 79

Re: List InfoPath Event Receiver is not working

Hi Patrick, Thanks for your reply. After I submit my IPF to the site, status will be "Submitted" and till the 1st level approval the status will be "Submitted". So anyone can change/update the form in the above status and after 1st level approval form should not be change/update by anyone. This is my requirement and i understood that, Event Receiver will do this requirement correctly. But i am surprising that, why this below code is not working, properties.Status = SPEventReceiverStatus.CancelWithRedirectUrl; properties.RedirectUrl = "/_layouts/ListItemUpdate/ValidationError.aspx";
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2012 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.