"System cannot find the path specified" while loading VSTA - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

"System cannot find the path specified" while loading VSTA

Last post 10-05-2017 12:56 AM by shout. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-15-2013 08:11 AM

"System cannot find the path specified" while loading VSTA

I created a VSTA project to add some custom code. The project creates ok. I exit Visual Studio and then the form. When I go back in I get this error message in a pop-up dialog box when I click "code editor" on developer ribbon. I am using InfoPath 2010. If I remove the code, I can recreate it, but same problem.

Any help is appreciated.

Filed under:
  • 01-21-2013 03:36 PM In reply to

Re: "System cannot find the path specified" while loading VSTA

Under the Developer tab in the ribbon, if you click the Language button, it will open up the form options with the programming category selected. I'd probably start there to track this down - is the location someplace you can access? If you create a new form, what's the default location for code files?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 01-22-2013 03:16 AM In reply to

Thanks for replying. All the files are where they should be as far as I can see. One thing that was weird that I noticed was that the file paths of the files in the project, e.g. FormCode.cs, were pointing to a temporary directory, not the actual file path. I am assuming that when InfoPath brings up VSTA, the files are copied to a temporary directory. This doesn't seem to be the case in an older version of InfoPath. I am using office 2013. It did work for the longest time. Unfortunatly, I didn't notice where the file paths were pointing when it did work.
  • 01-22-2013 08:13 AM In reply to

Ah hah! So is this an IP 2010 project and you are opening in IP 2013 now and opening the code files? I think in 2013, since the dev environment changed, it does indeed copy to a temp area. If it were my form, I'd grab a copy of the code file and put it someplace safe, then remove code entirely (same location in the form options) then add code again so that a new project file is created. Then you can just copy your code in and see if that resolves the issue.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 10-05-2017 12:56 AM In reply to

• shout
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-04-2012
    • Posts 16

Hello Did you get any feedback? I 've experienced the similar issue, since we internally did upgrade office (now I work w IP2013). With every code (C#) change, the formcode, preferences etc. pointing to the temp folder. I've tried to remove the code, saved the form wo code, then added the code again. But it didn't change. I also tried to copy the adapted code into an old code file (project code folder) and changed the code path (in IP programming preferences) to the old folder. The users still get the similar error message. Any ideas? Thank you very much and greetings. Mario
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2018 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.