coming back to me on this one, and although I've used the filtered data
connection before (by choosing the field I want to pre-filter with, and then
setting it to either the value of a field in the 'Main' data source or to a
explicit value), I must admit to have forgotten that, and reverted to the
approach of filtering on the repeating table itself. The pre-filter return is
obviously better, faster and cleaner etc, so thanks for that.
instance my issue seems to be a bit of an odd one though, and I get the idea it
might be something else that is happening.
To explain a
bit more about what I'm doing, I've two main views on the form, and through
each, I'm saving a document giving it a 'false' content-type-like-flag - Type A
and Type B. Type B's can only be composed by clicking a button on A, which
inherits some of the values of the A document (including the its unique Title
field) into the B document they are then saved as a separate document. The
Title field is the unique element which identifies an A and its related B's
(children), and the Title is what I want to use in order to do the filtering. And
basically what I've got on the A document is a (filtered) repeating table which
lists all of the B's which have been composed from it as it is important to see
what secondary documents have been created as responses.
In some ways
how I filter the repeating table doesn't matter, however when I set it up as
above, and have an existing A document and have created B's from it, when I
return to look at the A document, when the document is opened, and the
repeating table is examined, rather than just displaying the few B documents,
it displays the complete list BUT if you however the mouse in the table, and
move it up and down on the page (!!), the 'incorrect' entries disappear one at
a time, and after a few seconds, you are left with the 'correct' entries in the
So it isn't
as if it never filters it, rather that it needs to be refreshed or re-displayed
or something - very odd. I've designed and built InfoPath forms for about 5
years now and never seen anything like it. Normally if you filter the repeating
table it only ever shows the entries that are correct - this is most odd.
So I hope
that explains things. If it doesn't I'll prepare a screencam of it.
thoughts and suggestions will be gratefully received.