NaN error in Percentage text box - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Having trouble finding a blog or post that answers your question? Check out our Custom Search Page

NaN error in Percentage text box

Last post 10-11-2012 10:00 AM by Gennady Vanin (Геннадий Ванин, Новосибирск). 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-05-2012 02:43 PM

• Jolie
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-05-2012
    • Posts 5

NaN error in Percentage text box

I created a text box, then applied a percentage formula.  When I preview the form, the Percentage field shows a NaN error because the fields it is averaging have a default value of $0.00.  Once I type numbers into these fields, the NaN error disappears and the percentage amount displays correctly.  How can I get rid of the NaN error when I preview the form?

• 10-06-2012 08:54 AM In reply to

Re: NaN error in Percentage text box

Put "$" outside of textbox (in textbox description on form)

Gennady Vanin (Novosibirsk) --- Геннадий Ванин (Новосибирск)
  • 10-09-2012 03:16 PM In reply to

• Jolie
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-05-2012
    • Posts 5

Thank you, Gennady.  I changed my fields from Currency formatting to Number formatting, but the form still opens with the NaN error in the Percentage field.  Do you know what else might cause the Nan error?
  • 10-09-2012 05:26 PM In reply to

I have no idea how to reproduce your problem Can you attach a template demonstrating it with yr post?

• 10-11-2012 09:09 AM In reply to

• Jolie
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-05-2012
    • Posts 5

I have attached an example here.   When you first open the form, you will see the NaN error in the percentage field.

Once you enter dollar amounts in the Present Salary, Increase, or Other Adjustment fields, the NaN error disappears.

Perhaps a rule or a different method for calculating the percentage is needed? 

I appreciate your help.  Thank you.

• 10-11-2012 10:00 AM In reply to

Jolie:
    Once you enter dollar amounts in the Present Salary, Increase, or Other Adjustment fields, the NaN error disappears

And once you enter 0 into Present Salary, then the error re-appears.  

Don't you know that unpaid work (or 0 salary) is illegal?
    as well as division by zero?

Enter minimum salary default value into Present Salary or use rules with conditions that this field is not blank and is not equal to 0

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Copyright © 2003-2012 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.