Is this my local comp problem or reproducible by others: cannot open local .XML IP form linked to local XSN template? - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Having trouble finding a blog or post that answers your question? Check out our Custom Search Page

Is this my local comp problem or reproducible by others: cannot open local .XML IP form linked to local XSN template?

Last post 08-15-2012 12:26 AM by Gennady Vanin (Геннадий Ванин, Новосибирск). 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-13-2012 09:40 AM

Is this my local comp problem or reproducible by others: cannot open local .XML IP form linked to local XSN template?

This is so weird that I am in doubt whether it is general problem and reproduced by others or something related to my local computer settings.

If I create (in Infopath Designer 2010) Infopath 2010 Filler (blank one, for the sake of this question or with a textbox) .XSN form template with Full Trust and digitally sign it with self-signed certificate, in Preview create and save locally XML form, then I cannot open it in Infopath Filler getting:

• "Infopath cannot open the following file file d:\whateverXXX.xml
      The form template is trying to access file and settings on your computer. Infopath cannot grant access to these files and settings because the form template is not fully trusted. For a form to run with full trust, it must be installed or digiitally signed with a certificate
      OK"

If I publish the template to Sharepoint site (form library), then create from it and save the XML forms locally, then I open them in Infopath Filler without problems. Though they are linked to a template on Sharepoint site (form library).

Is it the same for others or I should look into my computer configurations to correct this?

Gennady Vanin (Novosibirsk) --- Геннадий Ванин (Новосибирск)
  • 08-15-2012 12:26 AM In reply to

Re: Is this my local comp problem or reproducible by others: cannot open local .XML IP form linked to local XSN template?

So, the problems were invoked by naming my local  folder \ ###, from which XML files and XSN templates are not being opened in Infopath Filler!!!!!!!!!! but XSN templates are being opened in Infopath Designer 2010!

Gennady Vanin (Novosibirsk) --- Геннадий Ванин (Новосибирск)
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2014 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.