Error: Some rules were not applied. The parameter is incorrect - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Having trouble finding a blog or post that answers your question? Check out our Custom Search Page

Error: Some rules were not applied. The parameter is incorrect

Last post 07-11-2012 03:43 PM by danmac33. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-11-2012 01:25 PM

Error: Some rules were not applied. The parameter is incorrect

Hi, We are working through a number of scenarios with qRules mostly using the SaveToSharePoint command. We have 12 forms that we're developing currently that all save their attachments back to SharePoint. I'm running into troubles with one of our forms where I can't add the simplest SaveToSharePoint commands without getting the error: "Some rules were not applied. The parameter is incorrect." Exposing the Success, Command, Result and Error fields onto my form shows me nothing. It's like it's failing before it gets to qRules. I've tried creating a brand new form, wiring up an attachment, ensuring it works, and then copying that command over to my "broken" form - but that doesn't work. This only shows me the error when running it in InfoPath, I get no error when publishing the form to SharePoint. The attachment field simply shows me the attachment as if qRules didn't execute. So - I'm wondering if something went haywire with the qRules injection, but I don't know how to extract the injection to try again. I tried re-injecting, but after a warning that I've already injected my form with this version of qRules, it didn't fix anything. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated Thanks Dan
  • 07-11-2012 02:14 PM In reply to

Re: Error: Some rules were not applied. The parameter is incorrect

Hi Dan,

When is this error showing up? You say the Success, Error and Result nodes don't show anything, so I'm wondering when the error is coming up. If on load, I would check anything executing on Form Load. Perhaps Disable data connections or Form Load rules, one at a time, to discover which one is causing the issue.

If your hunch about something incorrect in the qRules injection is strong, send us the form and we can examine it (you can attach forms via the Options tab). Or try injecting a new rule and make sure that a simple qRules command, like GenerateGuid, works without issues.

Thanks.

Ernesto Machado
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 07-11-2012 02:30 PM In reply to

Thanks Ernesto, the error only shows up when I try to execute the SaveToSharePoint command (on change for the Attachment field). I've used this method successfully in other forms.

I tried to attach my file using the Options tab, but my file is 139k and the upload is limited to 128k. If you can send me an email address I can send it to you that way.

Here is my Command. It's set to run when the Attachment field changes.

concat("SaveToSharePoint /url=http://devsp01/sites/ewlc/Form%20Attachments /xpath=/my:myFields/my:CompletionRTCDataInputSection/my:RepeatingSection/my:RepeatingSectionOtherDocuments/my:OtherDocuments /name=danTest1" /overwrite=true /dsnamews=CopyIntoItems")

(I added the /dsnamews data connection and parameter as a test, but it didn't change anything.)

I also tried the GenerateGuid command on a button and I get the same error. I attached a screen shot of that setup.

• 07-11-2012 02:53 PM In reply to

Send the form to Support AT Qdabra DOT Com please.

Hilary Stoupa
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 07-11-2012 03:23 PM In reply to

For some reason, the Qdabra Rules data source is not set to retrieve data every time the form is opened. Have you tried re-injecting the template?

Hilary Stoupa

• 07-11-2012 03:25 PM In reply to

Oh, and also it looks like the data connection was manually walked through via the wizard. I'm just going to clean up this template and email it back to you, okay?

Hilary Stoupa

• 07-11-2012 03:27 PM In reply to

Thanks. And yes, I did try re-injecting qRules

As an update - I tried enabling "Automatically retrieve..." in my form and that seems to work. I'm sorry for the confusion, and thanks yet again for the help

Dan

• 07-11-2012 03:40 PM In reply to

What I'm concerned about (and I mentioned in my email) is when you walk through the data connection manually, then re-inject, you can end up with a couple qRules schema files - and you'll run into troubles if you admin approve / sandbox for browser. Use the template I emailed back to you - it only has the one schema file. :-)

Hilary Stoupa

• 07-11-2012 03:43 PM In reply to

Will do. Thanks again.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Copyright © 2003-2012 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.