I have a
situation with the system I am developing that I don't know how to fix!!! Maybe
you guys can help me!!
The client has numerous
customers who enter information into pre-formatted excel spreadsheets and submit
them on a daily basis. I tried to talk them out of that and into getting them
to input directly to sharepoint, to no avail... I think in 2007 you could
connect a spreadsheet and regularly update it to sharepoint, but not any
So I am using the excel to
infopath tool to upload the spreadsheets to infopath forms and populate a
library. I promoted all the fields of the form so I could then call all of the
data into a form and write it back out into a sharepoint list using
Anyway, I got all of that working and it is fine... Now I need to compare
various business names to another sharepoint list and locate or assign id
numbers to them.
I have no problem getting
the ones that match already when I upload the data into the form...
My problem is that I then
need to truly filter out blank business names and duplicates so I can submit
only unique values back to the Businesses list and get a new id back for each
one using Submit to SPList... I have tried everything I can think of to do this
and I can't make it work... I have researched everything I can find and I am
just not getting it...
I have attached screen shots
and an explanation of the process - as well as the form template - to an e mail sent to the support mailbox. The form has a lot
of data connections that are not in use yet, so I know it is confusing!!!
I have been working on it
for about three days now... and it is a real deal breaker!!! Can somebody help