How to map person/group picker - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Having trouble finding a blog or post that answers your question? Check out our Custom Search Page

How to map person/group picker

Last post 09-26-2013 12:16 PM by ssvs187. 18 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-03-2012 12:57 AM

• wkargo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-03-2012
    • Posts 9

How to map person/group picker

Hi

I'm trying to map in the infopath 2010 using qRules the person/group picker to SharePoint Person or group column.

How to map such field to SP field ?

Thanks

• 07-03-2012 07:56 AM In reply to

Re: How to map person/group picker

Off hand, I think the account Id field would do it - since the person or group column will use that Id for the lookup.... but if that doesn't work when you submit, let me know, and I'll set up a test template and get you a more concrete answer.

Hilary Stoupa
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 07-03-2012 01:23 PM In reply to

• wkargo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-03-2012
    • Posts 9

Hi Hilary

I've tried both, but without success always got error when tried to submit that .

Thanks

• 07-03-2012 02:10 PM In reply to

I'll check this out later today and get back to you - are you using SharePoint & IP 2010?

Hilary Stoupa
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 07-03-2012 03:07 PM In reply to

Okay, I was wrong, wrong, wrong.

The AccountId has info you'll need, however. You'll need to create another field, outside of the person picker group and set a default value on it:

concat("-1;#", AccountId)

Then map that field instead. We would generally submit the user's ID number (which I'd hoped was in the AccountID field), but if we don't know what that ID is, we can use:

-1;#UserName

With UserName as the account id.

Now, if your users can select multiple people, we'd need to also use either a double eval or the DelimitedList command to aggregate the values. Does that make sense?

Also - this is for SharePoint 2010, not Office 365. We are still trying to work out the syntax for that....

Hilary Stoupa

• 07-03-2012 03:46 PM In reply to

Well -- looks like Office 365 uses the same syntax, pretty much - it uses:

-1;#emailaddress

You can get the email address from the AccountID - it has a result that looks like this in O365:

i:0#.f|membership|email@email.com

So you could substring everything after membership| to get the email address.

Hilary Stoupa

• 07-04-2012 04:34 AM In reply to

• wkargo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-03-2012
    • Posts 9

Thanks Hilary

It works like a charm .

• 09-06-2012 10:35 AM In reply to

Hi Hilary,

I am using O365 and am trying to submit to sharepoint using qRules 4.2 and IP2010, I have a People Picker field in a repeating table along with some other fields and I have created a separate field named StudentName with the function -  concat("-1;#", substring-after(AccountId, "p|")).  The AccountID is the People Picker AccountID field.  I am mapping the StudentName field I created to a Person\Group column in Sharepoint.

I am getting "

The operation failed because an unexpected error occurred. (Result Code: 0x80020005)" in the error field from qRules.  Did I miss something? 

• 09-06-2012 11:14 AM In reply to

No - that formula should be right (I actually just referred to this post yesterday for mapping a people picker!).

Do you have other Lookup or Choice columns in your list? What about Date Time?

Hilary Stoupa

• 09-06-2012 11:29 AM In reply to

I attached my template, I do have choice columns but have not had any issues using them in the past. I searched a lot of forums and they all pointed me to the people picker field. 

• 09-06-2012 11:40 AM In reply to

I actually was meaning in your list, not your form. Are any of your SharePoint List columns aside from the user a special type?

Hilary Stoupa

• 12-04-2012 11:19 PM In reply to

Hi Hilary,

How should the concated value look like?

When I set a single Person using the AccountId only it works. It does not work using -1;#AccountId.
    I tried setting the value to -1;#AccountId1; -1;#AccountId2; but that does not work.

When I set the value to AccountId1; AccountId2; it works and "Check Names" succeeded. But when I want to submit the form it reports errors on the form (the person picker).

I am using InfoPath 2010 with SharePoint 2010.

• 12-05-2012 03:28 PM In reply to

You are using qRules?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 12-06-2012 01:51 AM In reply to

No.

The policy only allows me to use out of the box IP and SharePoint features.

• 12-06-2012 07:01 AM In reply to

Okay - I was asking because you posted your question onto a thread about qRules, so I was confused as to what you need help with.The concat formula I'm talking about is for use with qRules mapping to a SharePoint List - what are you trying to do?
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2 Next >
Copyright © 2003-2012 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.