Connected to database, will not populate fields from table, not sure why (new to this and freaking out) - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Having trouble finding a blog or post that answers your question? Check out our Custom Search Page

Connected to database, will not populate fields from table, not sure why (new to this and freaking out)

Last post 06-26-2012 11:27 AM by surly0k. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-26-2012 11:27 AM

Connected to database, will not populate fields from table, not sure why (new to this and freaking out)

Hello InfoPath Gurus, This is my situation. I have a database in MS SQL server, and I have a table. I created a form to input new records, and now I want to be able to have a user edit those items. I was creating a form, and put the project field in the query box, and just one related field in the data fields box. THe SQL database is my primary source, so I wanted the user to select a project from the query fields, and have it populate the other field based on that. MAIN ISSUE: it won't populate projects in the query field. New to this job, this is my first project and InfoPath is essentially dominating me right now. any ideas why it won't populate? The field is looking up values from the forms data source (I keep setting it to look for an external source, but as it is the main source I think that's why it diverts to that) and for entries I selected the data field project and for value and display name it has . in it. Please help InfoPath Guru's!
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Copyright © 2003-2014 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.