Rich Text Box ReadOnly in SharePoint - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Having trouble finding a blog or post that answers your question? Check out our Custom Search Page

Rich Text Box ReadOnly in SharePoint

Last post 01-30-2012 05:14 AM by harv133. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-27-2012 10:23 AM

Rich Text Box ReadOnly in SharePoint

I have a Rich Text Box in an InfoPath form that when submitted to SharePoint becomes a Read Only column. It needs to be editable in SharePoint. I have tried to change the publishing settings to allow the field to be editable, but it's disabled. I also tried to create a multi-line text column in SharePoint first and then map the Rich Text box to it rather than letting InfoPath create it and no luck there. Any suggestions on how to get the info into an editable column? By the way, it doesn't have to be Rich Text, plain text is fine, it's just a description field so I need to allow for a 100 characters or so.
  • 01-27-2012 03:55 PM In reply to

Re: Rich Text Box ReadOnly in SharePoint

Is this a document library or SharePoint list form?  You should be able to just add a rich text control or multi-line text box control then republish and it should work for you.  Perhaps its disabled because the control binding is not correct.
    Anson Hidajat
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 01-30-2012 05:04 AM In reply to

I tried a multi-line text box (instead of a Rich Text Box) and during the publishing step where you map the field to a SP column I get a pop up stating "The selected field's data type cannot be edited in SharePoint".  To answer your question, I'm publishing to a Document Library and using InfoPath 2007 and SP 2010.

• 01-30-2012 05:14 AM In reply to

Got it to work. Rather than mapping to an existing SharePoint column, I let InfoPath create a new column, and that was editable.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2014 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.