GetUserProfileByname - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Having trouble finding a blog or post that answers your question? Check out our Custom Search Page

GetUserProfileByname

Last post 01-18-2012 09:09 AM by mjphelan. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-18-2012 09:09 AM

GetUserProfileByname

hi Folks, 

We have a rather complex and usiness essential form that needs to be migrated from MOSS 2007 to SharePoint 2010.

The form is designed to use the GetUserProfileByName (thanks Clayton, your Blog was a godsend)  to retrieve various details for the logged in user and his or her manager. edit: For internal reasons we do not install the infopath client for our end users, so this must be a browser based from.

It seems however that we have fallen foule of this issue (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2619846) due to the authentication settings on our new Sharepoint 2010 Farm.

For internal reasons we are not able to change the SharePoint Farm, so I need to change the form.

Now I can see the code in the linked article, but I'm afraid it makes no sense to me.  I cant really tell if it's VBA (which I know a little of) or c# (which I know nothing of) or something else.

Would anyone be able to point me to an Idiot's guide that will point me in the right direction?

All i need to do is fill about 6 fields  on the form when it loads the first time.

Many Thanks

Mark Phelan

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Copyright © 2003-2014 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.