[InfoPath 2010] Userroles based on AD usergroup are not assigned - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Having trouble finding a blog or post that answers your question? Check out our Custom Search Page

[InfoPath 2010] Userroles based on AD usergroup are not assigned

Last post 10-04-2014 09:28 PM by sujithrahul. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-06-2012 04:07 AM

[InfoPath 2010] Userroles based on AD usergroup are not assigned

Hello,

I  have a problem concerning userroles based on AD groups in InfoPath 2010.

The setup is the following:

User "Anton" is a member of global group  "Department". "Department" is in local group "Fill_that_form".

In the form template there are two userroles: "Filler" and "no role". "no role" ist made the standard userrole. "Filler" is linkes to the group "Fill_that_Form". (I checked via active directory search)

What happens:

When opening the form with user "Anton" (after publishing and updating the template, of course), InfoPath tells me the current usewrrole is "no role".

I tried to link the global group "Department", same thing. Only when I link the user directly to the userrole it works (Which obviously is not the thing I want for I want to organize the privileges based on user groups, not per form).

Is this a bug? Does anyone know of debugging/analysis-options I could try?

regards

Jens

• 01-08-2012 04:08 AM In reply to

Re: [InfoPath 2010] Userroles based on AD usergroup are not assigned

Hi Jens.Murer,

First of all, I'm assuming you are using the InfoPath Filler form, not the browser, since it doesn't explicitly support user roles.

For the filler form, there are two special user role settings - Initiator and Default. Please make sure that the User Roles dialog shows the role Filler above the "No Role" role. This is important, since everyone will qualify for No Role first and InfoPath will stop checking the user roles if that succeeds. Please also make sure that No Role is not set to Initiator or Default.

Patrick Halstead
    InfoPath MVP
  • 01-09-2012 03:29 AM In reply to

Hi,

I'm using Infopath Filler, correct. Sorry for not mentioning it.

The role "Filler" is topmost in the role dialog, "no role" is the last. I also have a third role which stands in the middle. "no role" was default. I set the third role to default, which User Anton is not qualifying for, but when opening the form User Anton is assigned to that role, even though by his Active Directory group memberships he isn't qualifying for it. This happens with both global and local AD groups. I can make Infopath behave in a way I want when assigning the user himself to the role. It seems there's a problem with the resolving of the group memberships?

The form is  opend by Sharepoint, perhaps I have to assign Infopath some permissions there to resolve the groups? Otherwise I don't see how it would mak a difference from where I'm calling the form.

• 10-04-2014 09:28 PM In reply to

Hi Jens.Murer, Did you get any solution for this problem? I am facing similar issue with Infopath 2010 filler forms and userrole with AD. Please help!! Thanks
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2014 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.