Missing repeating section fields (sourced from MSSQL) when form is emailed - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Having trouble finding a blog or post that answers your question? Check out our Custom Search Page

Missing repeating section fields (sourced from MSSQL) when form is emailed

Last post 12-29-2011 11:22 PM by ladyath. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-24-2011 03:17 AM

Missing repeating section fields (sourced from MSSQL) when form is emailed

I am running into an odd problem.  I have a form published on SP 2010 and a user can open it, push a button so it populates the form from MSSQL and make changes.  The user is then supposed to email the form to the next person.  Person A sees all the fields (spread across various views), but person B cannot see data from repeating sections where the source is a secondary MSSQL table.  It seems to keep all other data without a problem - even the changes Person A made.  All other fields are set to 'Refresh value when formula is recalculated' and the data connection is set to 'Store a copy of the data in the form template'.  I do not have 'Automatically retrieve data when the form is opened' as it ends up overwriting changes made by Person A.

Anyone see this problem before?  Or know how I can fix it?  I would prefer the users not to open the form from the SP site (except Person A) and to have to respond as delegated parties when they receive the form as a mail attachment.

• 12-26-2011 06:11 AM In reply to

Re: Missing repeating section fields (sourced from MSSQL) when form is emailed

This seems related to your other post. Because you are sending the XML and the secondary data source is not hte main data source, you won't see the data. You could copy the values to your main data source (as you mention in the other post), or you could submit the form to the DB and have person B open a link whch refreshes it on open. You could also just query the secondary data on open of the XML and that should also work and be better since it won't require copying values into the main data source nor submitting data to SQL.

Patrick Halstead
    InfoPath MVP
  • 12-29-2011 11:22 PM In reply to

Re: Missing repeating section fields (sourced from MSSQL) when form is emailed

I fixed it by querying the data on form load.  Unfortunately submitting to a database was not an option since I have yet to figure out how to create a web service and my DB has large binary fields.  As per my other post I resorted to creating additional fields to store the data I did not want to overwrite.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2014 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.