The ubiquitous “InfoPath cannot open the selected form” error message. - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Having trouble finding a blog or post that answers your question? Check out our Custom Search Page

The ubiquitous “InfoPath cannot open the selected form” error message.

Last post 10-28-2011 03:24 AM by RonInOttawa. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-27-2011 05:09 AM

The ubiquitous “InfoPath cannot open the selected form” error message.

Hello;

I’ve been trying to access some of the Active Directory information in code. When I tried to preview the form I got a permissions error message with a suggestion to use full trust. So I did. Doing so resulted in the above-mentioned error message being generated. So I Googled like every good little boy and girl would do and the unanimous suggestion was “Set Trust to Full Trust – Wait! I just did that, that’s what caused my error message to be generated.

OK – Ron in debugging mode – Tried to remove all sorts of stuff that “Might” have caused the problem, nothing works. As long as I had Full Trust set, I’d get the error message. Uncheck it and the error message goes away, the form renders but the A/D stuff won't work, everything else does though.

So to prove a point, I created a new Blank Project. Set the option for Full Trust and Previewed the page. Same result. Notice the part where I didn’t put anything on the form, just changed the Trust Option.

Any suggestions would be extremely appreciated.

Cheers.

Ron…

Cheers.
    Ron...
  • 10-27-2011 11:31 AM In reply to

Re: The ubiquitous “InfoPath cannot open the selected form” error message.

That doesn't seem like normal behavior. I just created a new InfoPath form, changed the security to Full Trust and previewed successfully without an error. If you publish the form (not Preview) do you get the same behavior? (pretty sure you'll need a code signing certificate) I wonder if it's an issue limited to Preview mode.

Ernesto Machado
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 10-28-2011 03:24 AM In reply to

Re: The ubiquitous “InfoPath cannot open the selected form” error message.

Thanks for the rsponse Ernesto.

Our SharePoint server isn't set toaccept Full Trust forms (I'm getting that changed of course) but there is a local machine setting that requires you to check to accept Full Trust forms. I set it and now it all works just fine.

Problem is I can't remember what that setting was or where I found it, so I can't share with the community and that really irks me since info share is what these board are all about right?

When I di figure it out, I'll update this post.

Cheers.

Ron...

Cheers.
    Ron...
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2012 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.