Can I submit to the same Access record repeatedly? - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Having trouble finding a blog or post that answers your question? Check out our Custom Search Page

Can I submit to the same Access record repeatedly?

Last post 10-07-2011 08:39 AM by jocooper. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-07-2011 08:39 AM

Can I submit to the same Access record repeatedly?

Hi there,

I am designing a form (Infopath 2003) which has 4 sections. The form is emailed to 4 different people, each of whom complete their section when they receive it via email, then send it on to the next person (it's a linear authorisation process). At the end of each of the sections I have set it up to write to an Access database, and I want it so that each submission merely appends more data onto the same record in the database until the record is complete.  Doing it this way will also let me see, from looking at the database, at which point in the process the form has reached.

This works fine when I test it on my PC (each submission appends the same Access record), but as soon as I test it in the 'real world', with copies of the form being emailed to different people on different machines, each submission generates a new record each time.

Is there any way to make it so that it updates the same record each time? Can I add something to the form that 'remembers' the primary key for the record so it uses the same one?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jo

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Copyright © 2003-2012 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.