InfoPath Print Error Message - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Having trouble finding a blog or post that answers your question? Check out our Custom Search Page

InfoPath Print Error Message

Last post 09-13-2011 07:55 AM by Daren_D. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-13-2011 06:18 AM

    InfoPath Print Error Message

     I've got an InfoPath 2007 form that is used in a SharePoint library and we've been using it for at least a year and suddenly today when a user clicks the print button they get the following pop up error message:

     "The XSL transform for the View XSL failed.

    InfoPath

     A call to XDocument.GetDOM failed. The DataObject "GSA Schedule2" does not exist.

    Error occured during a call to property or method 'GetDom'."

    Can someone explain to me what this means and how to fix it?  I don't have any Data Connections using the GSA Schedule2 name so I'm a bit confused.

     Thanks,

    D

     

     

     

     

  • 09-13-2011 07:03 AM In reply to

    Re: InfoPath Print Error Message

    Did the form have a data connection called GSA Schedule2 some time in the past?  That's what the error might suggest.

    I suggest extracting your form's source, using a text editor to open the XSL file that corresponds to the view you're trying to print, and searching for the text "GSA Schedule2."  Let us know if any find anything, and we can take a look if you don't mind uploading the XSL file.

    Jimmy Rishe / Software Developer / InfoPath MVP
    Qdabra Software
  • 09-13-2011 07:16 AM In reply to

    Re: InfoPath Print Error Message

    How do extract the forms source?

     

  • 09-13-2011 07:24 AM In reply to

    Re: InfoPath Print Error Message

    File->Save source files or File->Publish->Save source files in IP 2010

    Jimmy Rishe / Software Developer / InfoPath MVP
    Qdabra Software
  • 09-13-2011 07:37 AM In reply to

    Re: InfoPath Print Error Message

    Ok I've found it:

     

    <select class="xdComboBox xdBehavior_Select" title="" style="WIDTH: 100%" size="1" xd:binding="my:PrimeContractNumber" xd:CtrlId="CTRL65" xd:xctname="dropdown" xd:boundProp="value" value="" tabIndex="0">
                <xsl:attribute name="value">
                 <xsl:value-of select="my:PrimeContractNumber"/>
                </xsl:attribute>
                <xsl:choose>
                 <xsl:when test="function-available('xdXDocument:GetDOM')">
                  <option/>
                  <xsl:variable name="val" select="my:PrimeContractNumber"/>
                  <xsl:if test="not(xdXDocument:GetDOM(&quot;GSA Schedule2&quot;)/dfs:myFields/dfs:dataFields/dfs:GSA_Schedule2/@Contract_Number[.=$val] or $val='')">
                   <option selected="selected">
                    <xsl:attribute name="value">
                     <xsl:value-of select="$val"/>
                    </xsl:attribute>
                    <xsl:value-of select="$val"/>
                   </option>
                  </xsl:if>
                  <xsl:variable name="items">
                   <xsl:for-each select="xdXDocument:GetDOM(&quot;GSA Schedule2&quot;)/dfs:myFields/dfs:dataFields/dfs:GSA_Schedule2/@Contract_Number">
                    <attributeElement>
                     <xsl:value-of select="."/>
                    </attributeElement>
                   </xsl:for-each>
                  </xsl:variable>
                  <xsl:variable name="uniqueItems" select="msxsl:node-set($items)/*[not(. = preceding::attributeElement)]"/>
                  <xsl:for-each select="$uniqueItems">
                   <option>
                    <xsl:attribute name="value">
                     <xsl:value-of select="."/>
                    </xsl:attribute>
                    <xsl:if test="$val=.">
                     <xsl:attribute name="selected">selected</xsl:attribute>
                    </xsl:if>
                    <xsl:value-of select="."/>
                   </option>
                  </xsl:for-each>
                 </xsl:when>
                 <xsl:otherwise>
                  <option>
                   <xsl:value-of select="my:PrimeContractNumber"/>
                  </option>
                 </xsl:otherwise>
                </xsl:choose>
               </select>

  • 09-13-2011 07:48 AM In reply to

    Re: InfoPath Print Error Message

    So it looks like you have a dropdown box bound to the my:PrimeContactNumber field that's trying to get its values from a data source called GSA Schedule2.  If you figure out where that dropdown should actually getting its values from (or if it can be deleted), that should fix your problem.

    Jimmy Rishe / Software Developer / InfoPath MVP
    Qdabra Software
  • 09-13-2011 07:52 AM In reply to

    Re: InfoPath Print Error Message

    This code only shows up in the "Print View" view.  I deleted that view, published it back to SP but now it's saying that I'm missing a parameter. 

  • 09-13-2011 07:55 AM In reply to

    Re: InfoPath Print Error Message

    Ok, it just took a minute for the site to update.  After deleting the Print View page that I created it now prints properly.  Thank you very much for all your help!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Copyright © 2003-2014 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.