Unable to open infopath forms - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Having trouble finding a blog or post that answers your question? Check out our Custom Search Page

Unable to open infopath forms

Last post 06-26-2011 04:22 PM by Patrick Halstead. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-20-2011 08:38 AM

• kkmick
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-20-2011
    • Posts 4

Unable to open infopath forms

Hi:

I am new to infopath.   I am currently working on infopath 2007.  It is being host in Sharepoint  2007.    I have to make changes to the form.  I need to add new line and make some modification to the current form.  I am able to publish the form with no problem.  The new form was uploaded.  I can see the new changes that I made.  But when I have to open the form up in Infopath.   I receive this message.  Infopath cannot find the new version.  Do you want to open with older version?  If I click on yes. This is the error that I will get.  

"Element '{http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/infopath/2003/myXSD/2007-03-27T17:26:27}ITCF' is unexpected according to content model of parent element '{http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/infopath/2003/myXSD/2007-03-27T17:26:27}InspectionResults'." The InspectionResults is a table name.  ITCF is the new field element that I am adding to the form.   If I click on no.  It will just close out the form.  The new nodes are added at the end of the table.  So I am not sure what else is going on.   Any idea?

Thanks,

kkmick

• 06-26-2011 04:22 PM In reply to

Re: Unable to open infopath forms

Hi Kyler? Is kkmick you?

Welcome to InfoPathDev!

You probably have an InfoPath caching issue on that computer. Do this:

1. Click Windows Start icon
    2. Type in InfoPath - you'll get a Getting Started dialog in IP2007
    3. Select the form you were working on and click Remove This Form in the right hand panel
    4. Close the dialog and any open InfoPath forms or designer windows
    5. Make sure the InfoPath process is not running by right clicking on the Windows Task Bar and choosing Start Task Manager; switch to Processes, click on title and scroll down to verify no InfoPath.exe. Good!
    6. Now, try to open that XML file again from your SharePoint library.

Let us know if that doesn't resolve your issue.

Patrick Halstead
    InfoPath MVP
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2012 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.