Filtered Forms on a Document Information Panel for SharePoint Content Type - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Having trouble finding a blog or post that answers your question? Check out our Custom Search Page

Filtered Forms on a Document Information Panel for SharePoint Content Type

Last post 03-31-2011 05:40 AM by backpackerd00d. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-31-2011 05:40 AM

Filtered Forms on a Document Information Panel for SharePoint Content Type

Hi guys,

I'm quite new to InfoPath, so forgive me if this is a rudimentary question.  I've searched about and had no success however.  I'm using InfoPath2010 with a SharePoint2010 document library content type.

I've been asked to see what I can do about creating a filtered look up within SharePoint.  I've managed to achieve this within the default aspx forms using SPServices from Codeplex.  Now I'd like to achieve the same within Office by customising the Document Information Panel.  I've generated the DIP from my SharePoint Content Type.  You can see this below.

Document Information Panel 

The two fields in question are Metadata level 1 and Metada Level 2.  Both of these are lookup columns.

The lookup for Metadata Level1 is this list

Look Up List 01

The lookup for Metadata Level 2 is this list.  The column in the right is a look-up into the first list and is a requirement for the aspx forms

Look-up list 2 

My end objective is, within the DIP to achieve a filtered look-up.  Here are the properties for my drop down boxes

Drop Down Box properties 01

Drop Down List 02

I've tried changing the Values of both of these fields to 'Title' to see if I can filter on those, but doing so provides me with this, which is an incompatible data submission back to SharePoint.  I'm suspecting that this is because I'm missing the ID.

DIP Error 

I've tried to see if I can use a substring function to filter in display names but this makes no joy, which brings me to the limits of my InfoPath experience.

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas at all?

Many thanks

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Copyright © 2003-2012 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.