Dropdown Hyperlink to display other form - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Having trouble finding a blog or post that answers your question? Check out our Custom Search Page

Dropdown Hyperlink to display other form

Last post 03-15-2011 11:06 AM by hucktx. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-14-2011 05:55 PM

• hucktx
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-14-2011
    • Posts 4

Dropdown Hyperlink to display other form

I have two forms one for is ASI and the PR, when the user fills out the PR form there is a dropdown to select the ASI form that it is related to. after the form is filled out i would like to open the PR form and pick the ASI field and open the ASI Form. Both are web forms.It would work just like a lookup field in a SharePoint list.

Thanks

• 03-15-2011 09:34 AM In reply to

Re: Dropdown Hyperlink to display other form

InfoPath can have a data connection to receive data from a SharePoint form library. Once the ShP data is loaded, it's just form design, that is, using the data as you wish. You can use the list of FormNames (Titles) for the dropdown. Once a selection is made in the dropdown, you can get that item's URL link. There are plenty of tutorials on getting ShP data into InfoPath that should get information on doing this, such as this one, this one, and this one. Good luck!

Ernesto Machado
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 03-15-2011 09:40 AM In reply to

• hucktx
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-14-2011
    • Posts 4

Thanks Ernestom for the links i will look then over.

• 03-15-2011 10:12 AM In reply to

• hucktx
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-14-2011
    • Posts 4

Looked over the Links, Not having a problem with connecting data to a dropdown. what I’m trying to do is make the data that is selected in the dropdown be a hyperlink back to the selection. 
  • 03-15-2011 10:18 AM In reply to

The dropdown cannot also be a hyperlink. A hyperlink is a separate control, which you can display once the dropdown selection is made.

Ernesto Machado
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 03-15-2011 11:06 AM In reply to

• hucktx
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-14-2011
    • Posts 4

Thanks for the Help

Ok that answers that problem. I was trying to make the dropdown work like a SharePoint Lookup.Can I send data to a hyperlink like you would a textbox “@Title_[@ASI_No = ASI_No]”.  I can manually place this in the address of the hyperlink and it works but I can’t ask the user to do this.http://servername/ProjectTemplate/_layouts/FormServer.aspx?XmlLocation=/ProjectTemplate/RP/4.xml&Source=http%3A%2F%2Fprojects%2FProjectTemplate%2FRP%2FForms%2FAllItems%2Easpx&DefaultItemOpen=1Then Red would have to be populated from the section of the dropdown.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Copyright © 2003-2012 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.