Capturing screenshots in a Infopath form - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Capturing screenshots in a Infopath form

Last post 01-25-2011 12:28 PM by JohnM. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-24-2011 03:35 PM

• JohnM
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-24-2011
    • Posts 3

Capturing screenshots in a Infopath form

The combination of Infopath and SharePoint offers a strong platform for creating and managing SDLC documents.

The ability for an form to include views and repeating and optional sections means that a Test Plan can grow and double as a Test Log.

My QA team systematically screenshot during testing and paste the images into test logs.

This can be done with Infopath via the rich text control but only if the form is opened in the client - if it is browser-enabled then it's not possible to paste into the rtf. My users have the Office client so that's not a big issue.

I can even create a SharePoint Document (not form) Library and add the .xsn as a template (ie as a Content Type) and the form will open in SP (using the client) and I can paste in the screenshot. Good so far.

The thing is - I'd still like to extract metadata from the form to tag the library item and I'd also like to have the document name default to something meaningful (instead of Form1.xml).

I can't promote the form from IP via the publish route because that assumes a Form library which assumes browser-enabled forms (no pasting from the clipboard).

Any ideas how I can do this ?

• 01-24-2011 06:23 PM In reply to

Re: Capturing screenshots in a Infopath form

Hi JohnM,

You can use Promoted Properties with Content Types. It just requires that you map the promoted properties to columns via the SharePoint view page. Should be pretty easy though.

To uniquely name the form and create a "natural" key that is more descriptive, you can use qRules SharePoint save functions. Just concat up some fields in your form to create your name and use qRules to save it as that name on submit.

Let me know if you need more help,

Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
  • 01-25-2011 12:28 PM In reply to

• JohnM
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-24-2011
    • Posts 3

Re: Capturing screenshots in a Infopath form

Looks good - thanks Patrick !

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2018 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.