Browser enabled form - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Having trouble finding a blog or post that answers your question? Check out our Custom Search Page

Browser enabled form

Last post 01-04-2012 10:40 AM by Mel Balsamo. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-19-2010 06:32 AM

Browser enabled form

I have the following problem: A colleague of mine created a form in InfoPath and the end-user has to fill it in with his browser, but it don't works. I think he did forget to mark that only browser compatible features has to be activated at the very beginning. Is there a way to resolve that? I don't want to recreate it, because it's very long. I hope you can help me! fnatichohn
  • 08-20-2010 06:06 AM In reply to

Hello,

To make the form browser compatible, you'll need to do three main steps:

1. Go to Tools > Form Options > Compatability and check Browser compatability.

2. Go to the Design Checker to see if there are any comparability issues. If there are, address them to ensure the form will open correctly in the browser.

3. Republish the form to SharePoint, and then make sure to change the library's settings such that the form opens in the browser.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

Ernesto Machado
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 08-21-2010 08:23 AM In reply to

I see that you posted in the InfoPath 2010 section of this forum. To try the solution that Ernesto suggests using Infopath 2010, go to File > Form Options > Compatibility. In the Form type dropdown, you can either select Web Browser Form or Web Browser Form (InfoPath 2007). In the same window, you can enter your IPFS server to check for compatibility. The Design Checker should then appear showing errors or warnings that you can fix in the Designer prior to publishing.

Hope that helps!

Mel Balsamo
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 08-21-2010 10:02 AM In reply to

It can't even be published as a browser form unless it only has browser form capabilities.  There are very few restrictions on browser forms in 2010, so I doubt it's a case of having incompatible features.  Even if it were the case, he wouldn't have been able to publish the form to begin with.  It would have given design checker errors, and the publish would have failed.  However, if you're saying that your user doesn't have InfoPath 2010, and the developer created it as a Rich Client form, then that was just a mistake on the developer's part.  You wouldn't develop and publish a client form if not all of your users have InfoPath 2010 - that would make no sense.  If that's what happened, then you need to change the compatibility to browser form, and if it's got 2010 features, then you have to be using SharePoint 2010.  Otherwise, if you only have SharePoint 2007, then this form must be completely changed so that it only has 2007 features.

So, what you need to tell us is EXACTLY what you  mean by "but it don't works."  That is very little information for us, and there are many reasons for a form not to work for an individual.  Please tell us exactly what happens when that end user tries to open a new form.  Also, what happens when you open it?

• 08-22-2010 04:38 PM In reply to

If the form has code in it and that code is accessing non-browser features, you may see a failure in the browser even though the Design Checker may show that it is browser compatible.

Patrick Halstead
    InfoPath MVP
  • 08-24-2010 01:06 AM In reply to

Thanks for your help, but we found out that it isn't the form that is wrong. It's something wrong on the Sharepoint Application Site.

One the one SharePoint it runs without problems, but on the other it doesn't. We compared the settings, there wasn't something different until yet.

• 01-04-2012 02:42 AM In reply to

I m unable to see the Tool in my infopath isntallation.

Kindly reply urgently.

• 01-04-2012 09:16 AM In reply to

Hi - are you using InfoPath 2010? If so, you can access this option in the Designer by going to File > Form Options > Compatibility. In the Form type dropdown, you can either select Web Browser Form or Web Browser Form (InfoPath 2007).
    Mel Balsamo

• 01-04-2012 10:03 AM In reply to

I m using 2010

• 01-04-2012 10:40 AM In reply to

Cool! Did you see the Form type dropdown from File > Form Options > Compatibility?

Mel Balsamo

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Copyright © 2003-2012 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.