Submit Functionality - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Having trouble finding a blog or post that answers your question? Check out our Custom Search Page

Submit Functionality

Last post 08-09-2010 06:01 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-09-2010 05:16 PM

• Marty
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-07-2010
    • Posts 11

Submit Functionality

Using the "Submit Option" off the Main menu, I've set a form up to execute one of two rules based on the condition of the "Forn Number" ...

If "form number" blank - set the value of the form number and submit to a DB and Sharepoint Library

If "form number" not blank - submit to a DB and SharePoint Library

Within the body of the form I'm submitting through various buttons..  I've done this by setting Rules under the Button Properties/Rules and Custom Code, based on various conditions I set a few flags and submit to the DB and Sharepoint Library. I assume I need to duplicate my "form number" logic as well.

My question is....   where is the "Submit Logic" defined under the Submit Option get used?  It appears a need to recreate under the Button Properties/Rules and Custom Code.  If I were to set up just a submit button Action=Submit, would it execute the same logic (including form number) as defined under the Submit Option?

Thanks, Marty

Filed under: , ,
  • 08-09-2010 05:53 PM In reply to

• Marty
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-07-2010
    • Posts 11

Think I may have this, can someone confirm..

On a button, if I use Action = Submit - processing will be identical to Submit processing on Main Menu Toolbar...

On a button, if I use Action = Rules & Custom Code - need to create Submit logic from scratch (custom)

Filed under:
  • 08-09-2010 06:01 PM In reply to

That's exactly right. So you can use a Sumbit action in a set of rules, but unless you set the button to "Submit" instead of rules and custom code, all that will happen is that the selected Submit data connection will execute.

Hilary Stoupa
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2014 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.