Filtered dropdown list values from webservice in browser enabled from - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Having trouble finding a blog or post that answers your question? Check out our Custom Search Page

Filtered dropdown list values from webservice in browser enabled from

Last post 05-20-2010 05:30 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-20-2010 02:50 AM

Filtered dropdown list values from webservice in browser enabled from

Hi everybody,

I need to read out data from oracle database and present it in browser enabled form.

I made a web service which shows loginname and project-id columns from database. The loginname is an input parameter so I can browse the web service via it's url and filter data, based on the loginname field. For example: http://dev/service.asmx/getoracledata?loginname=Jonhx , so I will get the loginname and project-id data for Jonhx.

I would like to use this web service in an infopath 2007 browser enabled form. I have a text box, which is showing the current user's loginname via an integrated web service (UserProfileService.asmx). I would like to make a dropdown list which gets it's values from the oracle webservice, but shows only the relevant data about the current user. So the question is, how I can filter web service presented data for a dropdown, based on the loginname field. Has anyone an idea for this situation?

Thanks

• 05-20-2010 05:30 PM In reply to

Re: Filtered dropdown list values from webservice in browser enabled from

I'm a little confused -- the first part of your post suggests that your web service will return only the correct values for the given login name -- so wouldn't you just create an InfoPath data connection to receive data using that web service, then in a rule in the form (like an open rule) set the value of the query parameter to the user name, then run the query?

Hilary Stoupa
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2012 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.