Dynamic Data Filtering in web based forms - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Having trouble finding a blog or post that answers your question? Check out our Custom Search Page

Dynamic Data Filtering in web based forms

Last post 06-07-2010 08:12 AM by zz1rgt. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-11-2010 11:26 AM

• zz1rgt
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-11-2010
    • Posts 6

Dynamic Data Filtering in web based forms

I'm trying to set up a form wherein a user picks a "site" from a drop down (xml-sourced) box and then a server that is in another (xml-sourced) dropdown box. The 2nd drop down box, however should only display the servers at the site, not all servers. I know that you can do this with filtering, but I need a web based form and I do not believe that you can use filtering in web based forms.

In short, how do you set up a drop down box with values based on another drop down box in a web based form?

Thanks

John

• 05-11-2010 10:37 PM In reply to

Re: Dynamic Data Filtering in web based forms

you will require coding for that, filtering is not supported in infopath browser enabled form.

Qazi Anis
    System Analyst
    Bitwise Solutions
  • 05-17-2010 11:58 PM In reply to

Hello, Which Version of Office that you are using, if you are using Office 2010, it is possible to make filter based dropdowns in Web forms.

• 05-18-2010 03:54 AM In reply to

yes,

it is supported in office 2010, but still majority of people are using office 07 or lower versions..  and office 2010 is yet to be released to general massess. it is only released to volume licence partners, that is why our posts still refer to 2007 as the default version.

Qazi Anis
    System Analyst
    Bitwise Solutions
  • 06-07-2010 08:12 AM In reply to

• zz1rgt
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-11-2010
    • Posts 6

Thanks Qazi.

Do you know where I cna find a snippet of code that I can use as a guidepost for my form?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2017 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.