query active directory to find particular users and populate infopath 2007 dorpdowns - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Having trouble finding a blog or post that answers your question? Check out our Custom Search Page

query active directory to find particular users and populate infopath 2007 dorpdowns

Last post 03-17-2010 09:02 AM by Ted Fitch. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-16-2010 03:27 AM

query active directory to find particular users and populate infopath 2007 dorpdowns

Hello

I have to query active directory for people based on salGrade attribute value. After that I have to show those people on a dropdown on my infopath form. I was wondering if there is any inbuilt webservice in sarepoint to query active directory users.

Also on the change event of the dropdown I have to show certain details of the particular selection. Can this be achieved without managed code?

The framework is that of BROWSER ENABLED FORMS. Using Qdabra services is out of question. Please answer based on the above points.

Thanks in advance!

• 03-16-2010 08:25 AM In reply to

Re: query active directory to find particular users and populate infopath 2007 dorpdowns

Why is using Qdabra Web Services out of the question?  Sounds like our Active Directory Web Service (which works fine with browser forms and doesn't require code) does this perfectly.  In fact we even have a free template part that works in the browser and works like the Contact Selector that only works in the rich client: http://www.qdabra.com/en/products/QdContactSelector.aspx

Ted

• 03-16-2010 09:39 PM In reply to

Re: query active directory to find particular users and populate infopath 2007 dorpdowns

Hi Ted

Thanks for the reply.

I did not want to sound rude. The thing is that I am looking for something that is native in sharepoint (any web service that I might not know about). No offence meant.

• 03-17-2010 09:02 AM In reply to

Hi, no problem - I didn't think you sounded rude, just wanted to know why you thought our tool wouldn't work, now it's clear.

Have you taken a look at this list to see if any of these services might help?

http://www.sharepointmonitor.com/2007/01/sharepoint-web-service/

In particular the Users and Groups services?  However, I have a feeling that is for adding and removing users it may not provide query options, but I don't know for sure.

We usually find that the cost of our tools is usually paid for pretty quickly once you realize you have to write your own code to do somthing like this. 

Ted

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2014 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.