Saving Forms to a SharePoint Library - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Saving Forms to a SharePoint Library

Last post 02-04-2010 04:22 AM by Selarim. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-03-2010 09:14 AM

• Selarim
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 10-30-2009
    • Brazil
    • Posts 48

Saving Forms to a SharePoint Library

Hi..

I'm using infopath browser forms and I have a problem I can't solve...I'm saving the forms to a sharepoint library...The name of the files is "number" + underline + current year (as you can see in the attachment)...To generate this "number", I have a column called "Protocol" and a hidden file in the library, and through a data connection, I check the "Protocol" in this hidden file (if the "Protocol" in the hidden file is 1, the new file in the library will be 2_2010)...After that, "Protocol" receives "Protocol" + 1 in the hidden file (through a workflow)....The problem is when two users click in the button "Save" at the same time, because for the both, the data connection will check the "Protocol" in the hidden file...But if the "Protocol" is 3, the file that will be generated is the 4_2010...But it will generate the 4_2010 twice (and the second one will overwrite the first), because the both users will click in "Save" at the same time, the both data connections will check the "Protocol" number in the hidden file and see the same number (3, for example)...Just after that the workflows will try to work (to change Protocol's value)...

I think my explanation was a little confusing...

Thank you very much...

• 02-04-2010 12:54 AM In reply to

Re: Saving Forms to a SharePoint Library

Hi Selarim,

This is a problem because you are not locking the Protocol value between forms. SharePoint ID (list or library ID) is what you want to use for this since it is locked by the SQL database used for SharePoint.

The way to solve this is to have the form submit a value to the list and then query the SharePoint ID value created by SharePoint and use that value which is unique for your name. It's slightly complicated but it's the way to go. Then, you can change the field after the initial submit using a rule and the concat function.

Hope this sheds some light for you!

:)

Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
  • 02-04-2010 04:22 AM In reply to

• Selarim
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 10-30-2009
    • Brazil
    • Posts 48

Re: Saving Forms to a SharePoint Library

Hi, Patrick...

Thank you for your help...But I can't use the SharePoint ID, because using the SharePoint ID, the only way I could reset this ID is deleting and recreating the list (it's needed to reset the ID sometimes), and I can't do that, because the client is already working with this list. This is the reason I'm using that "Protocol" (I can reset it anytime I want). Is there any way to solve this problem without using the ID?

Thanks

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2018 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.