Republished form lost data for one field in SharePoint list - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Republished form lost data for one field in SharePoint list

Last post 07-15-2018 04:47 PM by jpl18lal22. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-22-2010 09:25 AM

Republished form lost data for one field in SharePoint list

Hello,

I had to make some changes to two InfoPath web forms yesterday. I added some values to a drop down menu in each of the forms, and since I published it again, the data from those fields in previously submitted forms has disappeared from the SharePoint list/library.

I can open and edit the location of each report and save it to get it back, but it's rather time consuming for hundreds of reports. Any idea how to fix this? I realize that the adding options to the drop down menu and publishing again caused this, but is there a way to prevent this when publishing?

This is an InfoPath web form.

• 01-24-2010 11:16 PM In reply to

Re: Republished form lost data for one field in SharePoint list

try relinking documents to the document library.

go to your document library -> settings -> form libray settings -> relink documents to this library and relink all the documents.

Qazi Anis
    System Analyst
    Bitwise Solutions
  • 01-25-2010 09:52 AM In reply to

That didn't work. I noticed that in one library where I had this problem, the info from the forms has magically reappeared in the columns. The other one has for one column, but not another. Relinking didn't work when I just tried it.

• 01-25-2010 03:48 PM In reply to

Anyone?

• 01-26-2010 04:02 AM In reply to

This might be related to the upgrade settings on your form. They are located in Tools > Form Options > Versioning. What is selected in the On Version Upgrade dropdown? Does the republished form behave differently if you change the value of that dropdown?

Ernesto Machado
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 01-26-2010 05:19 AM In reply to

Hello,

I have noticed the same effect like you a few times before that the old values are "magically" reappear after a while --- what I have done (in most cases successfully) is to deactivate the feature "Formname" in the site collection feature list and imediately activate the feature again.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Karsten
  • 08-16-2012 12:47 AM In reply to

I had the same issues and the problem is related to how you publish your form. When I republished the form, the list view lost all lookup fields in the form and I had to add them again. Also any list view webpart containing these coloums needed to be updated. Also I needed to reopen all forms and save them again in order to have the lookup field information available in the SharePoint list. To solve this problem i publish the form as a content type instead. I found this blog which describes step by step how to do this. http://www.marclenferna.com/blog/archive/2009/01/18/how-to.-publish-your-infopath-form-to-sharepoint--a.aspx Basically you upload the form as a content type to an new list which is only to contain the contenttype and then you create a new form library where you add the new content type. The problem is also described here http://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/10637/publishing-an-infopath-form-wiped-out-personal-views-in-the-form-library
  • 03-06-2014 11:31 AM In reply to

I lost data on my form too after I made changes and republished it.  I just checked my versioning settings, and it is set to "Automatically upgrade existing forms."  Should I instead use "Do nothing (existing forms might not work properly)"?

How can you reverse what you've done?  The field I edited was just the attachments.  I just went to properties and updated each attachment's name, but in doing so, lost all the attachments to all the submitted forms.  Is there a way to get those back?

• 09-23-2016 11:46 AM In reply to

Hello All, does anyone have a problem loosing displayed data on their SharePoint form library after republishing your InfoPath for. We I update the and republish my form, the document is still present, but the column data is missing. I have to open and close every InfoPath form and refresh my browser page for the information to show up again. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I have been trying to fine a working solution for the past 2 days. Thank you.
  • 09-23-2016 11:57 AM In reply to

So, usually this is a mismatch in the column info in the form you are publishing and the column info in SharePoint. Usually, if you start with the published template when making your changes, this will stop happening, so you may want to try that. Quickest and weirdest way to get the data back is to open the library in explorer view, copy all the XML files and paste them on your local machine somewhere. As they are pasted locally, the promoted properties update in SharePoint.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 07-15-2018 04:47 PM In reply to

Hilary, does this fix the issue of where it's deleting the values from my workflow too when publishing? Not only did I have it wipe out my published fields data, which broke all my views, but it removed fields in my workflow.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Copyright © 2003-2018 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.