A new feature has been added to the DBXL Migration Tool to allow bulk uploading files and images to DBXL. Once these files are in DBXL, you can query them from DBXL using QueryDB, and include links to them in your XML forms.
Here are the simple steps to using this feature. These assume that you have installed a version of the Migration Tool from Aug. 4, 2011 or later.
1. Open the DBXL Migration Tool from your Start Menu.
2. Enter your DBXL base address (e.g. http://servername/QdabraWebService) in the DBXL Server Root box and click Connect.
3. Select the Custom tab.
4. Select UploadFiles.xml from the Scenario path dropdown box and click Connect.
5. Scroll to the bottom of the Scenario variables pane, and in the cell for the filePath variable, enter the full path of the folder containing the files you want to upload. You can leave all the other variables as they are.
6. Click Run.
7. The Migration Tool will attempt to upload each of the files in the specified folder to DBXL. It will create and submit a QdFile form for each file, and if the upload succeeds, it will create and submit a QdImage form for each of these, containing the url to the QdFile attachment.
8. The tool will display a log of its progress in the pane at the bottom of the tool. If any of the files failed to upload, these will be re-listed at the end of the log.
Using the uploaded files
Once the files have been uploaded to DBXL, you can have your InfoPath forms use QueryDB to query the QdImageDetails table in the #QdabraUtility# database (you can use this alias to access the database, regardless of what its actual name is).
You can use QueryDB to query this table and search for files by their filename. You can use the Url column in the results to provide a link to any one of these files.