Let's pretend that you've been using a SharePoint Form Library and you have hundreds of documents (XMLs) already submitted. You found out about DBXL, purchased it and now want to make the full switch.
Here are some general guidelines to help you with the migration.
1. Edit the form template to add a DBXL submit. (You will find information on this in the Getting Started document.) Because you are now submitting to DBXL, you will no longer need to submit to SharePoint directly. DBXL will handle that.
2. Create a DBXL document type. (Again, you will find information on this in the Getting Started document.)
3. Add a SharePoint mapping to a new form library. (That way we keep the original library as a temporary backup in case we need to revert.) For information on creating this SharePoint mapping, see this document.
4. Use SharePoint's Explorer view to copy the XML files from the existing form library to a local folder.
5. Import the XMLs into your document type using the Import web service. This can be done in two ways.
a. Via Internet Explorer on the server where DBXL was installed. Simply navigate to https://training.formsboard.com/QdabraWebService/DbxlImportExport.asmx?op=ImportDocuments to use the Import web service. You will need to provide the name of the document type you created (in step 2) and the path where the XMLs were stored (in step 4)
b. Via the DBXL Admin Tool, in the Documents tab. However, note that this method will fail with a timeout, depending on the number of the documents to be imported.
If these steps do not satisfy your requirements, please contact support at qdabra dot com for additional options. Good luck!